Please fill in the gaps with the correct word listed below
- Yesterday morning, he_____________ my colleague as the new manager in the staff meeting.
B) was appointed
- The draft of the contract_____________ by my new employer has been more than satisfying.
B) was written
- We were_____________to stay away from the fire
- We had our house roof _____________
B) to repair
- I visited my aunt _____________ Germany last year
- My sister’s birthday is _____________ October 2, and we are planning on a surprise party for her
- We should be done with our work _____________ the time he comes back
- This year’s company picnic was canceled due _____________ the sudden death of our president.
- Everyone attended the class of a well-known professor except_____________ him
- I have started exercising yesterday, and in a few months, all my hard work will pay_____________
- The lady_____________ white shoes, is buying some groceries.
- This bag looks like the most_____________ one
B) more expensive
D) most expensive
- This book is _____________ than the other one
B) more interesting
C) most interesting
D) the most interesting
- The car we wanted to buy was not as _____________ as this one
C) the better
- Our president made the _____________ decision.
A) most brilliant
D) as brilliant as
- The merger of Newton Bank and the Bank of California means they will become _____________ in the country.
A) big bank
B) bigger bank
C) the bigger bank
D) the biggest bank
- On Monday, Palmolive Co., Ltd announced that they _____________ one of their competitors.
D) had been acquired
- The sales figures _____________ dramatically since Mr. Robertson was hired.
A) have been increasing
B) had been increasing
C) will be increasing
D) is increasing
- Yesterday, Replay Co., Ltd and Adidas Corp _____________ to form the largest organization in the industry.
B) would merge
C) has merged
D) had merged
- If I had money, I _____________ a house.
A) will buy
C) would buy