Practice reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and go again! 📘
- Kevin: Good morning. My name is Kevin.
- Dorothy: Excuse me. I think we’ve met before.
- Kevin: I am sorry. I don’t remember.
- Dorothy: That’s fine. It’s nice to meet you again!
Saying hello, introducing yourself, greetings, being polite, and saying goodbye. 📘
- good morning / afternoon / evening / night
- hello / hi
- goodbye / bye / see you later
- What is your name?
- I am / My name is _______.
- How are you?
- fine / well / good / so so / okay (ok)
- thank you / thanks
- nice to meet you
- excuse me / pardon me
- I am sorry.
- take care
- have a good morning / afternoon / evening / night
Go over the below vocabulary & expressions with your tutor. 📘
|hello or hi||📘|
1) Make sentences using the words. 📘
- Example: (good, how, you, are, morning) Good morning. How are you?
- (well, I, am) _________________.
- (me, excuse, name, is, your, what) ______________________.
- (Dorothy, hello, are, you, how? ___________________________.
- (am, I, so-so) ______________.
2) Fill in the blanks to finish the dialogue. Use the vocabulary in the table above to help. 📘
- Kevin: Hello Dorothy. How are you?
- Dorothy: I am _______.
- Kevin: Have a good ________.
- Dorothy: Thank _____.
3) Pick the correct words to make the sentence correct. 📘
- Pardon me. My name is Kevin. What is your name/excuse?
- Good later/evening. What/How are you?
- Have a good morning/sorry. I will see you okay/later.
- My name/Good morning. My well/name is Kevin.
- How are me/you? I am fine/please.
4) Answer the questions. 📘
- What is your name?___________________.
- How are you? ___________________.
- How do you tell someone good night? ______________________.
- How do you greet someone? _______________________.
- How do you tell someone thank you? ______________________.
- Are you having a good day today?
- How is your week going?
- How is your family doing?
- What is your favorite part of the day?