Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: What is your name? 📘
- D: My name is Dorothy. 📘
- K: Where do you live? 📘
- D: I live in San Francisco. 📘
- K: When can you start working? 📘
- D: I can work tomorrow. 📘
- K: Which do you like better: pizza or pasta? 📘
- D: I like pizza better. 📘
- K: How old are you? 📘
- D: I am thirty years old. 📘
- K: Why are you nervous? 📘
- D: I am shy. 📘
- K: Who is your best friend? 📘
- D: My best friend is Noreen. 📘
Using question words: who, where, what, when, why, which, and how 📘
- What is your name?
- Where do you live?
- When can you work?
- Which do you like better: pizza or pasta?
- How old are you?
- Why are you nervous?
- Who is your best friend?
Using adjectives to describe feelings. Adjectives are used to describe a noun or pronoun. 📘
Read the diagram out loud with your tutor.
- I am surprised. 📘
- We are upset. 📘
- Dorothy is shy. 📘
- She is happy. 📘
- They are sad. 📘
- You are angry. 📘
- Kevin is crazy. 📘
Fill in the blank with the correct question word. 📘
- How are you feeling? (How or Who)
- ____ are you doing? (Which or What)
- ____ color do you like, red or blue? (When or Which)
- ____ are you leaving for vacation? (Who or When)
- ____ are you calling? (Which or Who)
Fill in the blank with the correct adjective about feelings. 📘
- I am alone. I feel lonely. (crazy or lonely).
- She is depressed. She feels _________. (sad or happy).
- He is shy. He feels __________. (jealous or nervous).
- We are mad. We feel ________. (upset or shy).
- You are on vacation. You feel (happy or sad).
Match the question word with the correct explanation. 📘
|What? specific thing||person|
|When? ____________||specific thing|
Make a sentence to describe the smiley face feeling. Use the pronoun “I” and the vocabulary list above. 📘
- When was the last time you felt angry?
- When was the last time you felt sad?
- How would you describe your personality?
- How would you describe your mom?
(Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/541980136390588850/)