Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: What are you wearing today? 📘
- D: I am wearing a blouse and skirt. What are you wearing? 📘
- K: I am wearing jeans and a polo shirt. 📘
- D: Make sure you wear a jacket. 📘
Using the indefinite articles “a” and “an.” Review the image below.📘
We use A/AN with: 📘
Singular nouns and the first time we refer to a person, animal or thing. 📘
- a child
- an elephant
- a television
What is the difference between A and AN? 📘
A is used when the next word begins with a consonant sound (b, c, d, f, g, h, j, k etc). 📘
- a book
- a table
- a clock
- a university (because the beginning of university sounds like YOU-niversity)
AN is used when the next word begins with a vowel sound (a, e, i, o, u). 📘
- an apple
- an elephant
- an umbrella
- an hour (because the H is silent)
Go over the vocabulary and expressions below with your tutor. 📘
Is the correct indefinite article being used in the sentences (a/an)? Answer yes or no. 📘
- I have a egg. No
- An child makes noise. __
- There is an university in London. __
- You need an umbrella. __
- Did you make a mistake? __
Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word from the list above. 📘
- My brother is my sibling.
- My wife is my ________.
- My cousin is my ______.
- My mom and dad are my ________.
- My daughter is my _______.
Fill in the blank with the correct clothes. Choose the correct indefinite article a, an, or no article. 📘
Choose the correct clothes. Use the photo of clothes above to help. 📘
- I wear socks/cap on my feet.
- I wear a tank top/coat when it is cold.
- I wear slippers/sneakers to exercise.
- I wear a skirt/sweatpants to work.
- I wear a sunglasses/tie with my suit.
- Describe the clothes you’re wearing today.
- Describe the clothes your tutor is wearing.
- What do you wear to work/school?
- What would you wear to a wedding?