Practice reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and go again! 📘
- K: Do you like to eat broccoli?
- D: No, I hate it.
- K: Do you like carrots, celery, or tomatoes?
- D: I hate all vegetables.
- K: It must be hard to eat with you!
Using “do” and “does” to ask and answer these short questions. 📘
- Do I like vegetables?
- Do you like vegetables?
- Does he/she like vegetables?
- Do you both like vegetables?
- Do they like vegetables?
Go over the below vocabulary & expressions with your tutor.
Fill in the blank with do or do not. 📘
- Do you speak English? Yes, I do.
- Do you like broccoli? _________.
- Do you like lettuce? __________.
- Do you like onion? ___________.
- Do you like celery? ___________.
Fill in the blank the negative of do or does. 📘
- Do they like eggplant? No, they do not.
- Does he like cauliflower? _________________.
- Does she like cabbage? __________________.
- Do you like corn? _______________________.
- Do I like carrots? ________________________.
Make a sentence using the words. 📘
- does, like, not, vegetables, he – He does not like vegetables.
- onion, we, like – __________________________.
- not, you, do, like, asparagus – ________________________.
- they, do, zucchini, like – ___________________________?
- does, like, she, pumpkin – ___________________________?
Using the vocabulary list above, name the vegetable. 📘
It is an onion.
It is a ___________.
It is a ____________.
It is a _____________.
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- Describe what an tomato tastes like.
- Describe how a carrot is different from a cucumber.
- How do you prepare your favorite vegetable?