Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: How many apples do you have?
- D: There are five apples. It is enough to make a pie.
- K: I prefer banana pie.
- D: Sorry, I don’t know how to make a banana pie.
Review how to use “there is” and “there are.” 📘
- There is one banana.
- There are five lemons.
- How many peaches are there?
- How many coconuts do you have?
Go over the vocabulary and below with your tutor. 📘
Name the fruit in the picture. It is a/an _______. 📘
- It is an orange.
Fill in the blank with “there is” or “there are.” 📘
- How many bananas are there? There are eight bananas.
- How many pineapples are there? ________ one pineapple.
- How many apples are there? ________ four apples.
- How many strawberries are there? ________ seven strawberries.
- How many coconuts are there? ________ one coconut.
- What is your favorite fruit?
- How would you describe your favorite fruit?
- What fruits are popular in your country?
- What can you make with fruit?