Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: What do you do in your free time? 📘
- D: I like to read and listen to music. 📘
- K: I like to play sports and watch TV. 📘
- D: Do you go out with your friends? 📘
- K: I go out with my friends on the weekends. 📘
Using do, play, and go with sports and activities. 📘
1. Do is used for a recreational activity or a non-team sport that does not use a ball. 📘
- I do karate.
- She does ballet.
- We do yoga.
2. Play is used with ball sports or competitive games where we play against another person. 📘
- Kevin plays rugby.
- I play football.
- Do you play tennis?
3. Go is used with activities that end -ing. We go somewhere to do something. 📘
- Dorothy goes swimming.
- I go hiking.
- Do you like to go walking?
Go over the vocabulary and below with your tutor. 📘
Write or say 3 free time activities you like to do. 📘
- Example: I like to play an instrument.
Fill in the blank with the correct phrasal verb. 📘
- We go out at night.
- ________ your shoes.
- Your train is about to leave. You need to ______ it now.
- You can use a dictionary to ______ a word’s meaning.
- I ________ meeting you in person.
Fill in the blank with do, play, or go. 📘
- I like to play chess.
- Kevin _____ running in the morning.
- My sister _____ volleyball.
- We _____ dancing on the weekends.
- They _____ judo.
Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word from the above table. 📘
- I play the guitar. It is a musical instrument.
- She like to __________ to music.
- His dad likes to ________ sports.
- We need to _______ for lunch soon.
- My ________ studies every night.
- What do you do in your free time?
- Which sports do you like to play?
- Do you prefer reading or going to the movies? Why?
- Do you prefer spending time with family or with friends? Why?