Repeat after the tutor.
- I wake up early.
- She always pinches me.
- They cook often.
- I don’t study hard.
- We finished this chicken fast.
- She passed the test easily.
- He didn’t work hard yesterday.
- I am driving safely.
- She is moving slowly.
- Do you work here?
- I run fast.
- We live happily.
- She exercises hard.
- They think differently.
- He comes here often.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|always||(adv) at all times; on every occasion
e.g. He has always been a good friend to me.
|sometimes||(adv) at certain times; occasionally
e.g. Sometimes I take the bus to work.
|often||(adv) many times; on many occasions; frequently
e.g. How often do you call your mother?
e.g. We made frequent trips to town.
|never||(adv) not ever; not at any time
e.g. I have never seen that happen before.
|again||(adv) for another time; one more time
e.g. It was nice to see my friends again.
|seldom||(adv) not often; almost never
e.g. We seldom go to the movies.
|easily||(adv) in an easy manner; without difficulty
e.g. We won the game easily.
|far||(adv) at or to a great distance in space or time
e.g. The dog wandered far from home.
|close||(adv) at or to a short distance or time away
e.g. Don’t get too close to the fire.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- early / I / wake up / .
- passed the test / easily / she / .
- safely / am driving / I / .
- here / do / you / work / ?
- always / pinches me / she / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Often they drink.
- He is loudly singing.
- I easily don’t give up.
- Slowly we are walking.
- Safely my niece plays.
- Answer the following questions.
- How often do you exercise?
- Do you walk slowly?
- Do you wake up late?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your daily routine using adverbs.
- Describe your habits.