Repeat after the tutor.
- I am working in the city tomorrow.
- I am staying here for 3 days.
- I am coming back on Thursday.
- They are attending the seminar tonight.
- She is going to Italy next week.
- I am not leaving until Sunday.
- We are not having a meeting tomorrow.
- Are you staying here tonight?
- Are you coming with your neighbor?
- Is she visiting her employees tomorrow?
- I am graduating tomorrow.
- I am visiting my grandmother today.
- They are meeting next week.
- My parents are coming back today.
- Ellie is coming to your concert.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|attend||(v) to go to and be present at (an event, meeting, etc.)
e.g. I am going to attend a wedding this weekend.
|touch||(v) to put your hand, fingers, etc., on (someone or something); (n) the state of being touched
e.g. They are touching the statue but they are not allowed to.
|use||(v) to do something with (an object, machine, person, method, etc.) in order to accomplish a task, do an activity, etc.; (n) the act of being used
e.g. She is not using the new purse I bought her.
|view||(v) to look at (something) carefully; (n) a vision or way of considering something
e.g. They are viewing the house today to decide if they want to buy it.
|weather||(n) the temperature and other outside conditions (such as rain, cloudiness, etc.) at a particular time and place
e.g. The weather is supposed to be raining tomorrow.
|windy||(adj) having a lot of wind
e.g. She told me it will be windy next week.
|brush up||(idiom) to study or review something you learned before
e.g. I am brushing up on my grammar before my test next week.
|sharp||(adj) having a thin edge that is able to cut things or a fine point that is able to make a hole in things
e.g. My knife is sharp so I can cut my carrots.
|easy-going||(adj) relaxed and informal
e.g. She is so easy-going so she does not care which movie we see.
|original||(adj) made or produced first; not a copy, translation, etc.
e.g. The painting at the museum is the original.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- graduating / I / tomorrow / am / .
- next / week / we / leaving / are / Maine / .
- is / my / battery / dying / .
- is / visiting / not / us / my / boss / today / .
- working / you / are / tomorrow / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am visit my grandmother today.
- They will meeting next week.
- Ellie is come to your concert.
- We are not watching a musical yesterday.
- Are you do something tonight?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you doing tomorrow?
- When are you meeting your friends?
- Are you visiting the US any time soon?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What are you doing this summer?
- What is your family doing this evening?