Repeat after the tutor.
- I’ve been laughing.
- I’ve been working for 5 hours.
- I’ve been studying English for 6 months.
- I’ve been drinking water every day.
- She’s been working here since 1997.
- We’ve been neighbors for 2 weeks.
- It’s been snowing for 3 days.
- Have you been eating this bread?
- Has she been teaching here?
- Has it been raining in Paris?
- I’ve been thinking about food from my hometown.
- I’ve been living in New York for 10 years.
- I’ve been helping them for 3 weeks.
- I’ve been using my phone for 2 months.
- I’ve been eating salad for 7 days.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|laugh||(v) to show that you are happy or that you think something is funny by smiling and making a sound from your throat
e.g. I have been laughing because this movie is so funny.
|all day||(adj) lasting for the whole day; available throughout the day
e.g. It has been raining all day.
|place||(n) a specific area or region of the world; a particular city, country.
e.g. I have been living in this place for 3 years now.
|spend||(v) to use (money) to pay for something
e.g. I am going to spend $20 on this new sweater.
|successful||(adj) having the correct or desired result; ending in success
e.g. They have been very successful in their new business.
|reward||(n) money or another kind of payment that is given or received for something that has been done
e.g. The contest offered a cash reward to the person who jumped higher.
|trust||(v/n) to believe/belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc.
e.g. I have not trusted her since she lied to me.
|alone||(adv) without anyone or anything else : not involving or including anyone or anything else : separate from other people or things
e.g. I have been alone for 2 hours now.
|bring||(v) to come with (something or someone) to a place
e.g. I have been bringing my friend with me to school.
|branch||(n) a part of a tree that grows out/up from the trunk
e.g. The leaves on the branch are starting to fall off.
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- New York / been / living / I’ve / in / 10 years / for / .
- sleeping / He’s / 24 / hours / been / for / .
- about / been / dreaming / I’ve / giraffes / .
- I’ve / since / working / been / 2009 / .
- been / here / has / he / 30 minutes / standing / for / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I’ve been living in New York since 10 years.
- Its been rain in Canada.
- He was been following me.
- Have you wait for me?
- Have they been used your credit card?
- Answer the following questions.
- How long have you been studying English?
- What have you been doing since this morning?
- What has your family been doing for the past 3 days?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe what you have been doing for the last few years.
- Describe the dreams that you have been having recently.