Repeat after the tutor.
- I used to love his style.
- She used to like hip hop.
- We used to hang out in college.
- He used to like painting.
- They used to yell at each other.
- I used to be unmotivated.
- He used to work there.
- Jenna used to be quiet, but observant.
- Did you use to exercise every day?
- Did she use to come here every weekend?
- I used to smell the roses every day.
- I used to wake up late.
- I used to work with Michael.
- I used to be unhealthy.
- He used to cook for me.
- The kids used to always shrug their shoulders.
- She didn’t use to drink coffee before noon.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(adj) quick to notice; watchful
||(n/v) the quality of a thing that you can sense with your nose
||(adj) not having interest in or enthusiasm for something, especially work or study; without a reason or motive
||(v) to say (something) very loudly especially because you are angry, surprised, or are trying to get someone’s attention
||(adj) living in nature without human control or care; not tame
||(v) to be or stay somewhere for a period of time without doing much
||(v) to feel disgust or embarrassment and often to show this feeling by a movement of your face or body
||(v) to raise and lower your shoulders usually to show that you do not know or care about something
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- every day / used / I / to / exercise / .
- used / we / play / to / every night / .
- used / be / to / they / funny / .
- painters / they / to / used / be / .
- you / did / use / study / to / English / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- My pet just to be wild.
- I used to being lazy.
- They use to be happy together.
- We are used to be friends.
- Did you used to drink coffee every morning?
- Answer the following questions.
- What did you used to do as a little kid?
- What did your family used to do, but not do any more?
- What did your friends used to be like when you were in school?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe yourself when you were a kid.
- What is something you do well?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.