Repeat after the tutor.
- I used to love his style.
- She used to like hip hop.
- We used to hang out in college.
- He used to like painting.
- They used to yell at each other.
- I used to be unmotivated.
- He used to work there.
- Jenna used to be quiet, but observant.
- Did you use to exercise every day?
- Did she use to come here every weekend?
- I used to smell the roses every day.
- I used to wake up late.
- I used to work with Michael.
- I used to be unhealthy.
- He used to cook for me.
- The kids used to always shrug their shoulders.
- She didn’t use to drink coffee before noon.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|observant||(adj) quick to notice; watchful
e.g. I wasn’t always this observant when going for walks.
|smell||(n/v) the quality of a thing that you can sense with your nose
e.g. I used to smell the flowers while walking to work.
|unmotivated||(adj) not having interest in or enthusiasm for something, especially work or study; without a reason or motive
e.g. I used to be unmotivated when I was working out.
|yell||(v) to say (something) very loudly especially because you are angry, surprised, or are trying to get someone’s attention
e.g. I used to yell at my children a lot.
|wild||(adj) living in nature without human control or care; not tame
e.g. That dog used to be wild before they trained her.
|hang out||(v) to be or stay somewhere for a period of time without doing much
e.g. I used to hang out with my friend.
|cringe||(v) to feel disgust or embarrassment and often to show this feeling by a movement of your face or body
e.g. I used to cringe when I saw blood.
|shrug||(v) to raise and lower your shoulders usually to show that you do not know or care about something
e.g. He used to shrug his shoulders when his mom asked him to do his chores.
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- every day / used / I / to / exercise / .
- used / we / play / to / every night / .
- used / be / to / they / funny / .
- painters / they / to / used / be / .
- you / did / use / study / to / English / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- My pet just to be wild.
- I used to being lazy.
- They use to be happy together.
- We are used to be friends.
- Did you used to drink coffee every morning?
- Answer the following questions.
- What did you used to do as a little kid?
- What did your family used to do, but not do any more?
- What did your friends used to be like when you were in school?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe yourself when you were a kid.
- What is something you do well?