Repeat after the tutor.
- There is my friend.
- There are kids in the building.
- There is no water here.
- There was a crazy man in the terminal.
- There were 7 members in the band.
- There will be a show tomorrow.
- Is there a restroom here?
- Is there an extra hoodie?
- Are there cars in the parking lot?
- Was there a problem?
- Will there be a meeting?
- There is my mother.
- There are many options for suits.
- There is a gift in this box.
- There is a lot of joy in my family.
- There are cute baby birds here.
- There are two errors.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(n) something that is given to another person or to a group or organization (v) to present (someone)
||(n) something that is not correct; a wrong action or statement; mistake
||(n) a box that slides into and out of a piece of furniture (such as a desk) and that is used to store things
||(n) a room in a store in which customers can put on a piece of clothing to see if it fits before they buy it
||(n) a device or room that is used to keep things (such as food and drinks) cold
||(n) a set of clothes that usually consists of a jacket and a skirt or pair of pants that are made out of the same material
||(n) a piece of clothing (such as a sweater) that is put on by pulling it over your head
||(n) a hooded sweatshirt
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- a / in / there / this / is / gift / box / .
- in / there / is / my / family / joy / .
- drawer / the / there / pens / were / in / .
- here / is / fitting room / there / a / ?
- the / is / refrigerator / water / in / there / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- There are my favorite pullover.
- There are no love.
- There will a concert tomorrow.
- Is there people in the building?
- Were there a problem yesterday?
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe your room.
- Describe your school.
- Describe your hometown.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your house.
- Describe your favorite place in the world.
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.