Repeat after the tutor.
- I tend to wake up late.
- I tend to talk slowly.
- You tend to cry too much.
- This company tends to hire only men.
- My parents tend to be too strict.
- I tend not to focus.
- You tend not to work hard.
- We tend not to drink enough water.
- I tend not to be careful.
- Their design tends not to be unique.
- I tend to eat too fast.
- I tend to work too hard.
- You tend to lie too much.
- You tend to smile too much.
- He tends to sleep too long.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(adj) easily upset by the things that people think or say about you
||(adj) used to describe a command, rule, etc., that must be obeyed
||(v) to cause (something, such as attention) to be directed at something specific
||(adj) used to say that something or someone is unlike anything or anyone else
||(adj) having or showing concern only for yourself and not for the needs or feelings of other people
||(n) a plant or plant part that is eaten as food
||(v) to express regret for doing or saying something wrong : to give or make an apology
||(adj) good and truthful : not lying, stealing, or cheating
||(v) to say or write something that is not true in order to deceive someone : to tell a lie
||(adj) making or causing a lot of noise : strong and noticeable in sound
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- tend / fast / I / too / to / eat / .
- too / you / smile / tend / much / to / .
- I / eat / not / vegetables / tend / to / .
- understand / tends / he / to / not / women / .
- my / apologize / tends / to / girlfriend / not / first / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I tend working too hard.
- He tend to sleep too long.
- I tend being lazy.
- She doesn’t to help her parents.
- I tend to be not honest
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe your personality. (use “tend to V”)
- Describe your habits. (use “tend to V”)
- Describe common characteristics of people from your country. (use “tend to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why?
- If you could go back to some time and place in the past, when and where would you go? Why?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.