Repeat after the tutor.
- I was going to call you.
- I was going to exercise today.
- I was going to bring my notebook.
- I was not going to tell him.
- She was going to wear a skirt.
- They were going to give up.
- We were going to open up a business.
- Were you going to move to England?
- Were you going to meet your ex-boyfriend?
- Was she going to borrow your money?
- I was going to leave.
- I was going to hit him.
- I was going to hire the model.
- I was going to marry my best friend.
- I was going to forgive you.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(v) to do physical activities in order to make yourself stronger and healthier
||(v) to use or have (something) as clothing : to have (a shirt, pants, etc.) over part of your body
||(v) part of the United Kingdom
||(n) a former husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend
||(v) to take and use (something that belongs to someone else) for a period of time before returning it
||(v) to ask (someone) to go somewhere or do something
||(v) to put your hand, fingers, etc., on someone or something
||(n) women’s shoes that have tall heels
||(n) a building or room where things are sold
||(v) a short period of sleep especially during the day
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- marry / to / best / was / I / going / my / friend / .
- trust / going / we / to / him / were / .
- Teddy / going / I / not / to / was / invite / .
- with / I / not / going / live / was / him / to / .
- she / to / lock / was / door / going / the / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I was going not to leave.
- I was going to hiring the model.
- I was not to eat chicken again.
- I has not going to open my ice cream store.
- Were you go to change your number?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some things you wanted to do but didn’t get to do this year? (use “was/were going to V”)
- What did you want to become when you were little? (use “was/were going to V”)
- What are some places you wanted to visit? (use “was/were going to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is the best birthday present you ever received?
- Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.