Repeat after the tutor.
- I was going to call you.
- I was going to exercise today.
- I was going to bring my notebook.
- I was not going to tell him.
- She was going to wear a skirt.
- They were going to give up.
- We were going to open up a business.
- Were you going to move to England?
- Were you going to meet the mayor?
- Was she going to borrow your money?
- I was going to leave.
- I was going to hit him.
- I was going to hire the model.
- I was going to marry my best friend.
- I was going to forgive you.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|exercise||(v) to do physical activities in order to make yourself stronger and healthier
e.g. I was going to exercise yesterday but I forgot.
|paint||(n) a liquid that dries to form a thin colored layer when it is spread on a surface
e.g. She was going to buy new paint for her bedroom.
|England||(n) part of the United Kingdom
e.g. I was going to visit England next year.
|mayor||(n) an official who is elected to be the head of the government of a city or town
e.g. I was going to meet the mayor of New York.
|business||(n) the activity of making, buying, or selling goods or providing services in exchange for money
e.g. Are you going help me with my buisness?
|invite||(v) to ask (someone) to go somewhere or do something
e.g. Are you going to invite her to the party?
|paper||(n) the material that is used in the form of thin sheets for writing or printing, etc.
e.g. I was going to write my report on the paper.
|high heels||(n) women’s shoes that have tall heels
e.g. She was going to wear high heels tonight.
|store||(n) a building or room where things are sold
e.g. They were going to go to the store to buy bread.
|nap||(v) a short period of sleep especially during the day
e.g. He was going to take a nap before he worked.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- marry / to / best / was / I / going / my / friend / .
- trust / going / we / to / him / were / .
- Teddy / going / I / not / to / was / invite / .
- with / I / not / going / live / was / him / to / .
- she / to / lock / was / door / going / the / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I was going not to leave.
- I was going to hiring the model.
- I was not to eat chicken again.
- I has not going to open my ice cream store.
- Were you go to change your number?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some things you wanted to do but didn’t get to do this year? (use “was/were going to V”)
- What did you want to become when you were little? (use “was/were going to V”)
- What are some places you wanted to visit? (use “was/were going to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is the best birthday present you ever received?
- Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.