Repeat after the tutor.
- Try using this screwdriver.
- Try calling his brother.
- I tried using a different color.
- She tried changing her image.
- They tried searching his bag.
- We tried tightening the screw.
- Did you try using a different code?
- Did you try contacting Tim?
- Why don’t you try pressing this button?
- Try calling his office.
- Try eating this special salad.
- Try losing weight for your health.
- Try sending him an email.
- Try using this tool.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|screw||(n) a narrow, pointed metal cylinder that has a wide flat or rounded top and a ridge (called a thread) that goes around it in a spiral
e.g. You should try using a screw to put the picture on the wall.
|screwdriver||(n) a tool that is used for turning screws
e.g. Did you get a screwdriver to fix your bike?
|image||(n) a mental picture : the thought of how something looks or might look
e.g. She tried to remember the image of the sea.
|search||(v) to carefully look for someone or something : to try to find someone or something
e.g. Did you try searching under your bed?
|tool||(n) something (such as a hammer, saw, shovel, etc.) that you hold in your hand and use for a particular task
e.g. He should try using a different tool.
|method||(n) a way of doing something
e.g. She might need to try a new method since it isn’t working.
|motor||(n) a machine that produces motion or power for doing work
e.g. Did you try putting more oil on the motor to make it work?
|formula||(n) a plan or method for doing, making, or achieving something
e.g. She tried to learn a new formula for her math problem.
|grammar||(n) the set of rules that explain how words are used in a language
e.g. They all tried to learn new grammar rules in class today.
|necklace||(n) a piece of jewelry that is worn around your neck
e.g. Did you try to find your necklace today?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- using / tool / try / this / .
- a / different / studying / we / book / tried / with / .
- try / you / exercising / did / ?
- this / why / you / try / using / don’t / card / ?
- why / grammar / learning / don’t / try / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I tried a different method using.
- He tried not breaking the window.
- Did you tried asking your teacher?
- Why you don’t try working with them?
- Why don’t you tried teaching English?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some things you tried to do but failed? (use “try V-ing”)
- Which books have you tried reading? (use “try V-ing”)
- What kind of food did you try eating? (use “try V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if you could fly whenever you wanted? When would you use this ability?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.