Repeat after the tutor.
- I am used to her nagging.
- I’m used to your new face.
- I am used to working on Saturdays.
- I am not used to my new truck.
- I am not used to following a leader.
- He is not used to his new office.
- She is not used to wearing jeans.
- Are you used to your new address?
- Are you used to hanging out with men?
- Is she used to the new environment?
- I am used to this pattern.
- I am used to cold weather.
- I am used to this system.
- I am used to waking up early.
- I am used to eating noodles.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|lamp||(n) a device that produces light
e.g. I’m not used to turning on the lamp in this room.
|sleep over||(idiom) stay somewhere for the night (informal)
e.g. You should get used to sleeping over because your apartment is so far from school.
|take something apart||(idiom) purposely break into pieces
e.g. He should get used to taking the bike apart by now.
|think back||(idiom) remember (often + to, sometimes + on)
e.g. I’m not used to thinking back on my youth.
|try something on||(idiom) sample clothing
e.g. Are you used to trying jeans on?
|work out||(idiom) be successful
e.g. I’m not used to my car not working out.
|reach out||(idiom) to extend your arm in order to touch or take something with your hand
e.g. She wasn’t used to reaching out to shake his hand.
|try something out||(idiom) test
e.g. I am used to trying out new soccer techniques.
|run out||(idiom) have none left
e.g. Are you used to running out of time?
|run into||(idiom) meet unexpectedly
e.g. I can’t get used to running into my friends at the mall.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- this / system / to / I / used / am / .
- every / working / to / are / they / used / day / .
- coffee / is / drinking / used / to / every / she / morning / .
- are / they / not / an / class / used / English / to / .
- Korea / to / are / used / in / living / they / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am used to wake up early.
- I am not used to taking care babies.
- He is used not to talking to women.
- Are you used your new phone?
- Is she used to ate Japanese food?
- Answer the following questions.
- Are you used to working late? (use “be used to V”)
- Are you used to waking up early? (use “be used to V”)
- Are you used to speaking in English? (use “be used to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What if all the streets were rivers? What would be different?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.