Repeat after the tutor.
- I ended up forgetting her number.
- I ended up wasting my energy.
- I ended up calling the police.
- She ended up asking for my help.
- We ended up moving back to Busan.
- They ended up using the chemical weapon.
- You will end up coming back to me.
- You will end up spending more money.
- They will end up giving up their rights.
- We will end up missing the opportunity.
- I ended up losing him.
- I ended up working for him.
- I ended up selling my Rolex.
- I ended up staying here.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Betray||(v) to give information about (a person, group, country, etc.) to an enemy|
|Miss||(v) to fail to hit, catch, reach, or get (something)|
|Regret||(v) to feel sad or sorry about (something that you did or did not do)|
|Hurt||(v) to cause pain or injury to (yourself, someone else, or a part of your body)|
|Product||(n) something that is made or grown to be sold or used|
|Put sthg together||(idiom) assemble
e.g. I have to put the crib together before the baby arrives.
|Pass sthg up||(idiom) decline (usually sthg good)
e.g. I passed up the job because I am afraid of change.
|Make up||(idiom) forgive each other
e.g. We were angry last night, but we made up at breakfast.
|Look up to sby||(idiom) have a lot of respect for
e.g. My little sister has always looked up to me.
|Look forward to sthg||(idiom) be excited about the future
e.g. I’m looking forward to the Christmas break.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- him / ended / losing / I / up / .
- going / they / up / back / ended / .
- will / you / paying / money / end / more / up / .
- himself / he / end / hurting / up / will / .
- products / up / we / end / his / will / buying / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I end up working for him.
- I ended up staying here.
- She ended up lost her job.
- You will end sitting with him.
- They will ended up moving
- Answer the following questions.
- You were late to school, but forgot to bring your cellphone. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- The weather was nice, but you were sick. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- Your friends wanted to hang out but you wanted to stay in. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.