Repeat after the tutor.
- I ended up forgetting her number.
- I ended up wasting my energy.
- I ended up calling the police.
- She ended up asking for my help.
- We ended up moving back to Busan.
- They ended up using the chemical weapon.
- You will end up coming back to me.
- You will end up spending more money.
- They will end up giving up their rights.
- We will end up missing the opportunity.
- I ended up losing him in the store.
- I ended up working for him.
- I ended up selling my Rolex.
- I ended up staying here.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|betray||(v) to give information about (a person, group, country, etc.) to an enemy
e.g. I ended up betraying my friend by telling him her promise.
|miss||(v) to fail to hit, catch, reach, or get (something)
e.g. You will end up missing the ball if you don’t practice.
|public figures||(n) a person seen or heard by many people.
e.g. The Queen of England is a public figure.
|hurt||(v) to cause pain or injury to (yourself, someone else, or a part of your body)
e.g. He ended up hurting her feelings.
|product||(n) something that is made or grown to be sold or used
e.g. Did you end up finding that product for your hair?
|put something together||(idiom) assemble
e.g. Did you end up putting the crib together before the baby arrived?
|pass up||(idiom) decline (usually something good)
e.g. I ended up passing up the job because I am afraid of change.
|make up||(idiom) forgive each other
e.g. We were angry last night, but we ended up making up after.
|look up to somebody||(idiom) have a lot of respect for
e.g. Did you end up looking up to him after he helped you?
|look forward to something||(idiom) be excited about the future
e.g. You will end up looking forward to the Christmas break.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- him / ended / losing / I / up / .
- going / they / up / back / ended / .
- will / you / paying / money / end / more / up / .
- himself / he / end / hurting / up / will / .
- products / up / we / end / his / will / buying / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I end up working for him.
- I ended up staying here.
- She ended up lost her job.
- You will end sitting with him.
- They will ended up moving
- Answer the following questions.
- You were late to school, but forgot to bring your cellphone. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- The weather was nice, but you were sick. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- Your friends wanted to hang out but you wanted to stay in. What did you do? (use “ended up V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.