Repeat after the tutor.
- Don’t take the test without studying.
- Don’t eat this chicken without washing your hands.
- Don’t skip this commercial without watching it first.
- I used their service without paying them.
- They attacked me without giving us a warning
- She left me without saying goodbye.
- I can find you without opening my eyes.
- Can you run without opening your eyes?
- Can you move this cup without touching it?
- Did you come out without finishing your homework?
- Don’t drink without eating.
- Don’t go without me.
- Don’t eat this without cooking it.
- Don’t come without calling me.
- Don’t touch my baby without washing your hands.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|stretch||(v) to make (something) wider or longer by pulling it
e.g. Did you exercise without stretching first?
|brush||(v/n) to clean or smooth (something) with a brush
e.g. Did you go to school without brushing your hair?
|tooth (pl. teeth)||(n) one of the hard white objects inside the mouth that are used for biting and chewing
e.g. You cannot bite into this without using your teeth.
|let down||(idiom) fail to support or help, disappoint
e.g. I need you to be on time. Don’t let me down this time.
|look after||(idiom) take care of
e.g. Can you look after my dog without me?
|hold back||(idiom) hide an emotion
e.g. He wasn’t able to hold back his tears, he started to cry.
|hold somebody/ something back||(idiom) prevent from doing/going
e.g. I had to hold my dog back without his collar.
|hand in||(idiom) submit
e.g. I have to hand in my essay without finishing it.
|hand out||(idiom) to distribute to a group of people
e.g. Don’t hand out the invitations without me.
|hand over||(idiom) give (usually unwillingly)
e.g. You shouldn’t hand over his wallet without apologizing first.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- without / me / don’t / calling / come / .
- my / hands / without / your / baby / washing / don’t / touch / .
- studying / she / without / slept / .
- you / did / telling / she / quit / without / ?
- water / you / without / live / can / drinking / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- Don’t going without say bye to me.
- I exercised without stretch.
- Did you played basketball without eating?
- Did you use this without asking he?
- I can find you without used this map.
- Answer the following questions.
- You don’t want friends to come without notice. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- Your friend did not arrive, and you had to leave. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- Your colleague always leaves work without turning off computer. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals?
- Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.