Repeat after the tutor.
- Don’t take the test without studying.
- Don’t eat this chicken without washing your hands.
- Don’t skip this commercial without watching it first.
- I used their service without paying them.
- They attacked me without giving us a warning
- She left me without saying goodbye.
- I can find you without opening my eyes.
- Can you run without opening your eyes?
- Can you move this cup without touching it?
- Did you come out without finishing your homework?
- Don’t drink without eating.
- Don’t go without kissing me.
- Don’t eat this without cooking it.
- Don’t come without calling me.
- Don’t touch my baby without washing your hands.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Stretch||(v) to make (something) wider or longer by pulling it|
|Brush||(v/n) to clean or smooth (something) with a brush|
|Tooth (pl. teeth)||(n) one of the hard white objects inside the mouth that are used for biting and chewing|
|Let sby down||(idiom) fail to support or help, disappoint
e.g. I need you to be on time. Don’t let me down this time.
|Look after sby/ sthg||(idiom) take care of
e.g. I have to look after my sick grandmother.
|Hold sthg back||(idiom) hide an emotion
e.g. Jamie held back his tears at his grandfather’s funeral.
|Hold sby/ sthg back||(idiom) prevent from doing/going
e.g. I had to hold my dog back because there was a cat in the park.
|Hand sthg in||(idiom) submit
e.g. I have to hand in my essay by Friday.
|Hand sthg out||(idiom) to distribute to a group of people
e.g. We will hand out the invitations at the door.
|Hand sthg over||(idiom) give (usually unwillingly)
e.g. The police asked the man to hand over his wallet and his weapons.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- without / me / don’t / calling / come / .
- my / hands / without / your / baby / washing / don’t / touch / .
- studying / she / without / slept / .
- you / did / telling / she / quit / without / ?
- water / you / without / live / can / drinking / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- Don’t going without kissing me.
- I exercised without stretch.
- Did you played basketball without eating?
- Did you use this without asking he?
- I can find you without used this map.
- Answer the following questions.
- You don’t want friends to come without notice. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- Your friend did not arrive, and you had to leave. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- Your colleague always leaves work without turning off computer. What do you say? (use “without V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What are some of the questions you would like to ask animals?
- Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.