Repeat after the tutor.
- Let’s have lunch together.
- Let’s ask Master Eugene.
- Let’s hang out in Shinsa-dong.
- Let’s pray for them.
- Let’s be honest.
- Let’s not invite Kenny.
- Let’s not waste out time.
- Let’s not meet today.
- Let’s not forget her birthday.
- Let’s not be sad.
- Let’s go.
- Let’s drink water.
- Let’s practice this pattern.
- Let’s finish this project today.
- Let’s surprise Dennis.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|surprise||(n) the feeling caused by something that is unexpected or unusual
e.g. Let’s surprise her with a party.
|judge||(v) to form an opinion about (something or someone) after careful thought
e.g. You should not judge people by their appearance.
|project||(n) a planned piece of work that has a specific purpose
e.g. Let’s make a project, we can create a model plane.
|external||(adj) located, seen, or used on the outside or surface of something
e.g. the external features of the building
|backyard||(n) an area in back of a house
e.g. We spent the evening relaxing in the backyard.
|compare||(v) to look at (two or more things) closely in order to see what is similar or different about them or in order to decide which one is better
e.g. Let’s compare these two to see what is cheaper.
|positively||(adv) in a way that shows that you are hopeful and thinking about the good qualities of a situation
e.g. Let’s try to think positively about this change.
|invite||(v) to ask (someone) to go somewhere or do something
e.g. Let’s invite our friends to go shopping with us.
|waste||(v) to use (something or someone) in a way that does not produce a valuable result or effect : to fail to use (something or someone) in an appropriate or effective way
e.g. Let’s not waste any more time on this.
|appearance||(n) the way that someone or something looks
e.g. He is still very youthful in appearance. [=he still looks very young]
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- Let’s / pattern / practice / this / .
- Let’s / today / this / project / finish / .
- complain / let’s / not / .
- Let’s / give / not / up / .
- it / about / think / let’s / not / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Let’s water drink.
- Tomorrow let’s meet.
- Let’s not sleeping.
- Let’s bother not Jeremy.
- Let’s not again eat here.
- Answer the following questions.
- You are very hungry. What do you say? (use “let’s…”)
- You are sleepy. What do you say? (use “let’s…”)
- You want to spend more time with your family. What do you say? (use “let’s…”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if you found gold in your backyard?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.