Repeat after the tutor.
- It’s too bad you have to work tomorrow.
- It’s too bad she has to leave this country.
- It’s too bad you are not my type.
- It’s too bad I don’t have time.
- It’s too bad you don’t have a friend.
- It’s too bad he is not single.
- It’s too bad they have to study until 10.
- It’s too bad we’ve lost the game.
- It’s too bad you are on a diet.
- It’s too bad she doesn’t enjoy eating.
- It’s too bad I am sick today.
- It’s too bad you are busy today.
- It’s too bad you are not here.
- It’s too bad she doesn’t have a daughter.
- It’s too bad this dress is too small.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|on a diet
||(idiom) trying to lose weight by eating less food or specific foods.
||(idiom) eat at a restaurant
|do somebody/ something over
||(idiom) beat up, ransack (informal)
|do something over
||(idiom) do again
|do away with something
|do something up
||(idiom) fasten, close
||(idiom) move back in a position/group
|drop in/ by/ over
||(idiom) come without an appointment
|drop somebody/ something off
||(idiom) take somebody/ something somewhere and leave them/it there
||(idiom) quit a class, school etc
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- it’s / you / here / not / bad / too / are / .
- this / too / dress / it’s / too / bad / is / small / .
- stay / it’s / too / can’t / us / bad / you / with / .
- it’s / money / I / have / too /bad / don’t / .
- tomorrow / to / bad / too / you / work / it’s / have / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- It’s too bad she doesn’t has a daughter.
- It’s too bad I can’t see you yesterday.
- It’s too bad she don’t likes this movie.
- It’s too bad they not remember my birthday.
- It’s too bad she had to study now.
- Answer the following questions.
- Your friend can’t come to your party. What do you say? (use “it’s too bad”)
- You were out of town when your friend visited your city. What do you say? (use “it’s too bad”)
- You don’t have much money. What do you say? (use “it’s too bad”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What TV or movie star would you like to invite to your birthday party?
- How do you feel when you have had a fight with your best friend?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.