Repeat after the tutor.
- Now that I am full, I want to eat dessert.
- Now that we are married, you can’t leave me.
- Now that she is free, she can ago anywhere.
- Now that we are friends, let’s hang out.
- Now that I am rich, I am going to buy a mansion.
- Now that Chris is not here, let’s talk about him.
- Now that I am in France, I want to visit Paris.
- Now that you have a baby, you should stay home.
- Now that you live in America, you should learn English.
- Now that this class is over, go home.
- Now that I am 21, I can drive a car.
- Now that I am skinny, I can wear this dress.
- Now that I have a job, I can buy a new phone.
- Now that I have a driver’s license, I can drive.
- Now that I have this book, I can study English.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|pass away||(idiom) die
e.g. Now that my uncle passed away, we need to plan a funeral.
|dessert||(n) sweet food eaten after the main part of a meal
e.g. Now that we ate dinner, we can have dessert.
|pick on someone||(idiom) to laugh at or make fun of (someone) in an unkind way
e.g. Kids used to pick on me for wearing old worn-out clothes.
|sufficient||(adj) having or providing as much as is needed : enough
e.g. A 15 percent tip is sufficient.
|pay back||(idiom) return owed money
e.g. Thanks for buying my ticket. I’ll pay you back on Friday.
|pay for||(idiom) be punished for doing something bad
e.g. That bully will pay for being mean to my little brother.
|independent||(adj) not controlled by other people / country / authority
e.g. an independent nation
|point out||(idiom) indicate with your finger
e.g. I’ll point out the book on the shelf.
|put down||(idiom) put what you are holding on a surface or floor
e.g. You can put the groceries down on the kitchen counter now.
|put down||(idiom) insult, make somebody feel stupid
e.g. Now that he put down his friend, he was getting in trouble.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / now / skinny / am / that / , / can / I / this / wear / dress / .
- license / that / I / now / a / driver’s / have / , drive / I / can / .
- now / not / he / that / is / here / , tell / you / me / can / .
- have / now / baby / we / that / a / , / let’s / hard / work / .
- adults / that / are / now / we / , / let’s / drink / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Now that I had this book, I can study English.
- Now that she work here, she can use this card.
- Now that I am free, I want to visit to Europe.
- Now that it’s summer, I want to swimming.
- Now that it’s at 9, let’s go home.
- Answer the following questions.
- Let’s say you are married. What do you want to do? (use “now that”)
- Let’s say you are king of the world. What do you want to do? (use “now that”)
- Let’s say you got your dream job. What do you want to do? (use “now that”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would you do to entertain your family without spending any money?
- When someone picks on someone else, how do you feel? What do you do?