Repeat after the tutor.
- It’s not that I like Lisa.
- It’s not that we have a lot of money.
- It’s not that she wants to leave you.
- It’s not that Mike is poor.
- It’s not that everyone liked you.
- It’s not that I wanted to leave you.
- It’s not that I am not interested in you.
- It’s not that she doesn’t like men.
- It’s not that he is not busy.
- It’s not that we can’t do it.
- It’s not that I am cute.
- It’s not that I am your girlfriend.
- It’s not that I miss him.
- It’s not that I enjoy working.
- It’s not that I always lie to you.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|put sthg off||(idiom) postpone
e.g. We are putting off our trip until January because of the hurricane.
|put sthg out||(idiom)extinguish
e.g. The neighbours put the fire out before the firemen arrived.
|put sthg together||(idiom) assemble
e.g. I have to put the crib together before the baby arrives.
|put up with sby/ sthg||(idiom) tolerate
e.g. I don’t think I can put up with three small children in the car.
|put sthg on||(idiom) put clothing/ accessories on your body
e.g. Don’t forget to put on your new earrings for the party.
|run into sby/ sthg||(idiom) meet unexpectedly
e.g. I ran into an old school-friend at the mall.
|run over sby/ sthg||(idiom) drive a vehicle over a person or thing
e.g. I accidentally ran over your bicycle in the driveway.
|run over/ through sthg||(idiom) rehearse, review
e.g. Let’s run over/through these lines one more time before the show.
|run away||(idiom) eave unexpectedly, escape
e.g. The child ran away from home and has been missing for three days.
|run out||(idiom) have none left
e.g. We ran out of shampoo so I had to wash my hair with soap.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- that / your / not / I / am / it’s / girlfriend / .
- always / not / busy / it’s / you / that / are / .
- score / it’s / is / not / that / your / low / .
- we / that / not / are / it’s / poor / .
- it’s / eat / that / I / not / kimchi / don’t / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I’s not that I always lie you.
- It’s not you are rich.
- It’s not that lazy he is.
- It’s not that is this yours.
- It’s not that she doesn’t likes you.
- Answer the following questions.
- You don’t want to date a model. What do you say? (use “it’s not that…”)
- You don’t think your friend is mean, but you don’t like him/her. What do you say? (use “it’s not that…”)
- Do you want to become a president? (use “it’s not that…”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is your opinion about fortune telling?
- Tell how to find something on the Internet.