Repeat after the tutor.
- It’s not that I like Lisa.
- It’s not that we have a lot of money.
- It’s not that she wants to leave you.
- It’s not that Mike is poor.
- It’s not that everyone liked you.
- It’s not that I wanted to leave you.
- It’s not that I am not interested in you.
- It’s not that she doesn’t like dogs.
- It’s not that he is not busy.
- It’s not that we can’t do it.
- It’s not that I am cute.
- It’s not that I am your friend.
- It’s not that I miss him.
- It’s not that I enjoy working.
- It’s not that I always lie to you.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|put off||(idiom) postpone, arrange a later date
e.g. It’s not that we want to put off our holiday any later.
|put out||(idiom) extinguish
e.g. It’s not that we want to put out the fire yet.
|fortune telling||(n) the practice of predicting information about a person’s life
e.g. I don’t believe in fortune telling.
|pillow||(n) a bag filled with soft material that is used as a cushion
e.g. It’s not that I meant to forget my pillow.
|put on||(idiom) put clothing/ accessories on your body
e.g. It’s not that I wanted to put on new earrings for the party.
|run into||(idiom) accidentally hit something
e.g. It’s not that I meant to run into the table.
|run over||(idiom) drive a vehicle over a person or thing
e.g. It’s not that I ran over the dog with my car on purpose.
|run over/ through||(idiom) rehearse, review
e.g. It’s not that I don’t want to run over/through these lines one more time before the show.
|rehearse||(v) to prepare for a public performance of a play, a piece of music, etc., by practicing the performance
e.g. It’s not that I think we should rehearse again for the play.
|catch a cold||(idiom) getting sick with a common cold that usually causes coughing, sneezing, etc.
e.g. He got/caught a cold.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- that / your / not / I / am / it’s / friend / .
- always / not / busy / it’s / you / that / are / .
- score / it’s / is / not / that / your / low / .
- we / that / not / are / it’s / poor / .
- it’s / eat / that / I / not / tofu / don’t / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I’s not that I always lie you.
- It’s not you are rich.
- It’s not that lazy he is.
- It’s not that is this yours.
- It’s not that she doesn’t likes you.
- Answer the following questions.
- You don’t want to become a model. What do you say? (use “it’s not that…”)
- You don’t think your friend is mean, but you don’t like him/her. What do you say? (use “it’s not that…”)
- Do you want to become a president? (use “it’s not that…”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is your opinion about fortune telling?
- Tell how to find something on the Internet.