Repeat after the tutor.
- Joe turns out to be shy.
- My sister turns out to be selfish.
- My teacher turns out to be single.
- She turns out to be a nurse.
- They turn out to be bad guys.
- He turned out to be generous.
- Kirk turned out to be small-minded.
- She turned out to be the killer.
- The cop turned out to be a ghost.
- It turned out to be my turn.
- He turns out to be my father.
- She turns out to be my student.
- They turn out to be his friends.
- James turns out to be kind.
- Joy turns out to be smart.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|take after somebody||(v) resemble a family member
e.g. It turns out I take after my mother.
|small-minded||(adj) having or showing a narrow outlook
e.g. He really turned out to be small-minded about this decision.
|unfair||(adj) not fair, honest, or just
e.g. unfair advantages
|unexpected||(adj) not expected
e.g. unexpected guests
|turn up||(v) increase the volume or strength (heat, light etc)
e.g. Can you turn the music up? This is my favourite song.
|turn up||(v) appear suddenly
e.g. Our cat turned up after we put posters up all over the neighbourhood.
|nurse||(n) a person who is trained to care for sick or injured people
e.g. It turns out she went to school to become a nurse.
|treat someone||(idiom) to think of and act toward (someone or something) in a specified way
e.g. I try to treat everyone equally.
|use up||(v) finish the supply
e.g. It turns out he used up all the material.
|rise up||(v) to move upward
e.g. It turns out he had to rise up to get off the chair.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- to / my / student / turns / out / she / be / .
- be / my / doctor / out / to / a / friend / turns / .
- he / Korea / out / be / turns / to / in / famous / .
- they / honest / out / to / turned / be / .
- Gina / out / single / turned / to / be / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- They turns out to be his friends.
- They turn out to lazy.
- He turned out to be liar.
- Brian turned out to be rich or famous.
- Clark turned out to be a Superman.
- Answer the following questions.
- Who is Darth Vader? (use “turn out..”)
- What was your friend’s big secret? (use “turn out..”)
- Talk about a movie that had an unexpected ending. (use “turn out..”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Tell about a time when you were treated unfairly.
- What is your opinion about fortune telling?