Repeat after the tutor.
- You look happy.
- She looks skinny.
- The picture looks weird.
- His suit looked cool.
- Her dress looked expensive.
- You don’t look fat.
- She doesn’t look excited.
- Do I look short?
- Does she look too small?
- Did I look sad?
- You look tired.
- You look sick.
- The puppy looks cute.
- He looks tough.
- They look stupid.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|stupid||(adj) not intelligent : having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things
e.g. He looks stupid.
|skinny||(adj) very thin or too thin
e.g. She looks skinny in that dress.
|wet||(adj) consisting of, containing, covered with, or soaked with liquid
e.g. It looks really wet outside because of the rain.
|slim||(adj) thin in an attractive way
e.g. She looked slim and fit for her age.
|weird||(adj) unusual or strange
e.g. My little brother looks weird when he dances.
|thick||(adj) having a large distance between the top and bottom or front and back surfaces : not thin
e.g. Those walls look thick.
|fat||(adj) having a lot of extra flesh on your body : having a lot of body fat
e.g. I look fat when I wear these jeans.
|sweet||(adj) containing a lot of sugar
e.g. That cake looks really sweet.
|tough||(adj) capable of enduring strain, hardship, or severe labor
e.g. He looks tough when he plays sports.
|nervous||(adj) appearing or acting unsteady, erratic, or irregular
e.g. She looks really nervous for her test.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- cute / she / looks / .
- look / you / short / don’t / .
- her / looked / bag / expensive / .
- it / sweet / does / look / ?
- she / healthy / did / look / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- You look tire.
- She don’t look happy.
- Does I look fat?
- Does she looks slim?
- Did I looked sad?
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe a person that you saw today.
- Describe your tutor. How does he/she look today?
- Ask your tutor if you look any different today.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Your top five short term goals.