Repeat after the tutor.
- You look happy.
- She looks skinny.
- The picture looks weird.
- His suit looked cool.
- Her dress looked expensive.
- You don’t look fat.
- She doesn’t look excited.
- Do I look short?
- Does she look too small?
- Did I look sad?
- You look tired.
- You look sick.
- She looks cute.
- He looks tough.
- They look stupid.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|stupid||(adj) not intelligent : having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things
e.g. She angrily described her boss as a stupid old man.
|skinny||(adj) very thin or too thin
e.g. a skinny actress
|cheap||(adj) not costing a lot of money
e.g. I always buy the cheapest brand of cereal.
|slim||(adj) thin in an attractive way
e.g. She looked slim and fit for her age.
|weird||(adj) unusual or strange
e.g. My little brother acts weird sometimes.
|thick||(adj) having a large distance between the top and bottom or front and back surfaces : not thin
e.g. thick walls
|fat||(adj) having a lot of extra flesh on your body : having a lot of body fat
e.g. I can’t believe I’ve let myself get so fat.
|sweet||(adj) containing a lot of sugar
e.g. sweet desserts
|sick||(adj) affected with a disease or illness
e.g. She is sick with the flu.
|different||(adj) not of the same kind : partly or totally unlike
e.g. We need to try an entirely different approach.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- cute / she / looks / .
- look / you / short / don’t / .
- her / looked / bag / expensive / .
- it / sweet / does / look / ?
- she / healthy / did / look / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- You look tire.
- She don’t look happy.
- Does I look fat?
- Does she looks slim?
- Did I looked sad?
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe a person that you saw today.
- Describe your tutor. How does he/she look today?
- Ask your tutor if you look any different today.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Your top five short term goals.