Repeat after the tutor.
- I am too excited to go to bed.
- I am too smart to take this class.
- He is too short to be a model.
- This sports car is too expensive to buy.
- I was too nervous to smile.
- They were too thirsty to sing.
- I am not too old to learn new things.
- It is not too late to learn English.
- Are you too busy to help us?
- Is the test too difficult to pass?
- I am too happy to cry.
- She is too shy to talk to me.
- We are too busy to help him.
- He is too tired to study.
- They are too stupid to understand this.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|reject||(v) to refuse to believe, accept, or consider (something)
e.g. Her excuse for being late was too believable to reject.
|notice||(v) information that tells you or warns you about something that is going to happen
e.g. That sign was too big not to notice while we were driving.
|bear fruit||(phrasal verb) to produce a desired result or reward
e.g. He worked too hard on that project for it not to bear fruit.
|healthy||(adj) having good health : not sick or injured
e.g. I am too healthy to eat that piece of cake.
|respect||(n) a feeling of admiring someone or something that is good, valuable, important, etc.
e.g. I have too much respect for you.
|outstanding||(adj) extremely good or excellent
e.g. This painting is too outstanding, it should be in a museum.
|bear with||(phrasal verb) to be patient with (someone)
e.g. You are being too rude, you need to bear with me.
|unbearable||(adj) too bad, harsh, or extreme to be accepted or endured : not bearable
e.g. This hot weather is too unbearable, I don’t want to go outside.
|shiny||(adj) having a smooth, shining, bright appearance
e.g. This jewelry is too shiny to wear.
|ordinary||(adj) normal or usual : not unusual, different, or special
e.g. Is this design too ordinary to use?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- too / cry / am / happy / to / I / .
- study / is / tired / too / to / he / .
- dessert / was / full / I / eat / to / this / too / .
- we / to / everything / too / were / understand / to / young / .
- it / too / are / try / nervous / to / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She is too shy to talk me.
- They are too stupid understanding this.
- I don’t too busy to hang out tonight.
- They were too slowly to run.
- Am I too shorter to be a model?
- Answer the following questions.
- Was there a time that you were too full to eat?
- Describe a time that something was too hard to do.
- Have you ever been too old to do an activity?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you have a favorite quote that you return to again and again? What is it, and why does it move you?
- Helplessness: that dull, sick feeling of not being the one at the reins. When did you last feel like that –- and what did you do about it?