Repeat after the tutor.
- Leave your sister alone.
- Leave the front door unlocked.
- Leave this box untouched.
- I left my car dirty.
- She left her phone wet.
- We left the lights on.
- Don’t leave your hair wet.
- Don’t leave your car unattended.
- Did you leave the air conditioner on?
- Did they leave the computer off?
- Leave her alone.
- Leave this window open.
- Leave this window closed.
- Leave this computer on.
- Leave it on.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|unattended||(ad) not cared for or watched
e.g. Do not leave your child unattended.
|trash can||(n) a container that holds materials that have been thrown away
|bend||(v) to use force to cause (something, such as a wire or pipe) to become curved
e.g. bend a wire into a circle
|Bend a rule||(phrasal verb) to not be strict or exact about following a rule
e.g. She’s not really quite old enough to be admitted as a member, but she’s very close, so I think we can bend the rule(s) a little in her case and let her in now
|Bend someone’s ear||(phrasal verb) to talk to someone for a long time
e.g. He didn’t really care about me, he just wanted to bend my ear about his own problems.
|Bend (the) facts||(phrasal verb) to change facts in a dishonest way in order to deceive people
e.g. a journalist who has been accused of bending the facts in order to gain support for his political agenda
|Bend the truth||(phrasal verb) to say something that is not true or that misleads people but that is usually not regarded as a serious or harmful lie
e.g. When he tells people he’s from Manhattan he’s bending the truth a little since he really grew up in Brooklyn.
|Black out||(phrasal verb) to suddenly become unconscious
e.g. What’s the last thing you remember before you blacked out
|Blank out||(phrasal verb) to completely hide or cover (something)
e.g. They blanked out [=blacked out] parts of the document before making it public.
|go blank||(phrasal verb) to suddenly stop showing letters, images, etc.
e.g. The screen on my computer went blank.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- alone / leave / her / .
- on / left / the / she / machine / .
- her / waiting / you / leave / did / ?
- your / alone / child / leave / don’t / .
- can / full / don’t / this / trash / leave / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Leave this window closing.
- Leave it be on.
- I left the classroom darker.
- Don’t leave me cry.
- Don’t leave your skin dried.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- 32 flavors: Vanilla, chocolate, or something else entirely?
- This is your life: If you could read a book containing all that has happened and will ever happen in your life, would you? If you choose to read it, you must read it cover to cover.