Repeat after the tutor.
- Leave your sister alone.
- Leave the front door unlocked.
- Leave this box untouched.
- I left my car dirty.
- She left her phone wet.
- We left the lights on.
- Don’t leave your hair wet.
- Don’t leave your car unattended.
- Did you leave the air conditioner on?
- Did they leave the computer off?
- Leave her alone.
- Leave this window open.
- Leave this window closed.
- Leave this computer on.
- Leave it on.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|unattended||(adj) not cared for or watched
e.g. Do not leave your child unattended.
|trash can||(n) a container that holds materials that have been thrown away
e.g. Don’t leave that trash can full.
|contain||(v) to have (something) inside
e.g. Can you leave the dog contained in the crate?
|bend a rule||(phrasal verb) to not be strict or exact about following a rule
e.g. You will have to leave if you keep bending the rule.
|flavor||(n) the quality of something that you can taste
e.g. Should I keep buying the same flavor of ice cream?
|cover to cover||(v) all the way through from the beginning to the end
e.g. Leave your book at home, you almost have it finished cover to cover.
|entirely||(adj) complete or full : not lacking or leaving out any part
e.g. Her mom said she couldn’t leave until she finished her homework entirely.
|black out||(phrasal verb) to suddenly become unconscious
e.g. You keep blacking out, should you leave and go lay down?
|blank out||(phrasal verb) to completely hide or cover (something)
e.g. Leave the blanked out parts of the document before making it public.
|go blank||(phrasal verb) to be unable to recall or think of something
e.g. Don’t leave yet, I keep going blank so I need help with my homework.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- alone / leave / her / .
- on / left / the / she / machine / .
- her / waiting / you / leave / did / ?
- your / alone / child / leave / don’t / .
- can / full / don’t / this / trash / leave / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Leave this window closing.
- Leave it be on.
- I left the classroom darker.
- Don’t leave me cry.
- Don’t leave your skin dried.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some things that you shouldn’t leave open?
- Have you ever left something on when you shouldn’t have?
- Should you leave children unattended?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- 32 flavors: Vanilla, chocolate, or something else entirely?
- This is your life: If you could read a book containing all that has happened and will ever happen in your life, would you? If you choose to read it, you must read it cover to cover.