Repeat after the tutor.
- Help me with this box.
- Help us with this project.
- I helped her with her presentation.
- My mom helped me with these sushi rolls.
- She is helping me with this application.
- They are helping him with his career.
- Can you help me with my homework?
- Can you help her with her math problem?
- Don’t help him with the test.
- I can’t help you with this matter?
- Help me with this box.
- Help me with my homework.
- Help me with this car.
- Help her with the essay.
- Hep him with the smart phone.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|lyric||(n) the words of a song
e.g. I need someone to help me write the lyrics to the song.
|document||(v) to create a record of (something) through writing, film, photography, etc.
e.g. Do you need help to document that information?
|candle||(n) wax that has been formed into a stick or another shape and has a string in the middle that can be burned
e.g. Do you need help with lighting the candle?
|jeans||(n) pants made of a strong cloth (called denim)
e.g. Do you want help with picking out a new pair of jeans at the store?
|presentation||(n) an activity in which someone shows, describes, or explains something to a group of people
e.g. The charts and graphs helped me understand the presentation.
|relationship||(n) the way in which two or more people, groups, countries, etc., talk to, behave toward, and deal with each other
e.g. That company helped with the relationship between the two countries.
|interview||(n) a meeting at which people talk to each other in order to ask questions and get information
e.g. Can you help me prepare for this interview tomorrow?
|watch||(n) a device that shows what time it is and that you wear on your wrist or carry in a pocket
e.g. He had someone help him with buying his new watch.
|recipe||(n) a set of instructions for making food
e.g. Help me with this recipe, I am making pasta.
|career||(n) a job or profession that someone does for a long time
e.g. She needed help with her career so they gave her a job.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- with / my / help / homework / me / .
- him / idea / helped / the / with / I / .
- my / helped / with / me / they / interview / .
- me / is / everything / helping / she / with / .
- you / can / with / my / me / resumé / help / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I helped my brother shopping.
- She helped for me with this project.
- I am help them with this presentation.
- Can you help I with this box?
- Did you helped her with this test?
- Answer the following questions.
- Have you ever helped someone? Describe 3 times. (use “I helped”)
- Has anyone ever helped you? Describe 3 times. (use “they helped me”)
- Do you think it is important to help people?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- I got skills: If you could choose to be a master (or mistress) of any skill in the world, which skill would you pick?
- Ready, set, go: Set a timer for ten minutes. Open a new post. Start the timer, and start writing. When the timer goes off, publish.