Repeat after the tutor.
- I am not really thirsty.
- He is not really generous.
- We are not really excited about it.
- I don’t really care.
- She doesn’t really like Perry.
- They don’t really talk to us.
- I wasn’t really happy yesterday.
- We were not really mad at him.
- They didn’t really work last week.
- I didn’t really try hard.
- I am not really busy.
- I am not really sad.
- You are not really cute.
- He is not really popular.
- We are not really happy.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|thirsty||(ad) having an uncomfortable feeling because you need something to drink
e.g. The salty food was making her thirsty.
|generous||(ad) showing kindness and concern for others
e.g. She has a generous heart/spirit.
|each other||(v) each of two or more people, animals, etc., who are doing something together or in relationship to the other or others in the group
e.g. The twins can wear each other’s clothes.
|mad||(ad) very angry
e.g. What are you so mad about?
|popular||(ad) liked or enjoyed by many people
e.g. He is a popular guy in school.
|nervous||(ad) having or showing feelings of being worried and afraid about what might happen
e.g. All this waiting is making me nervous.
|humble||(ad) not proud : not thinking of yourself as better than other people
e.g. He is very humble about his achievements.
|hungry||(ad) suffering because of a lack of food : greatly affected by hunger
e.g. There are millions of hungry people throughout the world.
|heavy||(v) having great weight : difficult to lift or move
e.g. a heavy suitcase
|practice||(v) to do something again and again in order to become better at it
e.g. Have you been practicing your lines for the play?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- really / he / popular / is / not / .
- each / don’t / see / we / other / really / .
- nervous / I / really / wasn’t / .
- help / didn’t / really / I / them / .
- didn’t / they / yesterday / really / practice / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I don’t really study hardly.
- He weren’t really fast.
- She don’t really work hard.
- I didn’t really drinking.
- We didn’t really needed his help.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What do we mean when we say, “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”?
- What are some rules you have to follow at home?