Repeat after the tutor.
- I must finish this.
- She must go to the seminar.
- We must understand this policy.
- They must sign this contract.
- Jonathan must confirm the list.
- I must not use this money.
- You must not enter this area.
- We must not ignore his warning.
- He must not use the same password.
- Audrey must not reveal this design.
- You must lose weight.
- He must explain this.
- I must pass this interview.
- You must come back home.
- You must sleep early.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|obey||(v) to do what someone tells you to do or what a rule, law, etc., says you must do
e.g. He always obeys his parents.
|instruction||(n) a statement that describes how to do something
e.g. The manual provides complete/detailed instructions
|bring||(v) to come with (something or someone) to a place
e.g. I’ll bring a bottle of wine (with me) when I come to your party.
|policy||(n) an officially accepted set of rules or ideas about what should be done
e.g. They voted to adopt/pursue more liberal trade policies.
|contract||(n) a legal agreement between people, companies, etc.
e.g. The contract requires him to finish work by the end of the year.
|confirm||(v) to state or show that (something) is true or correct
e.g. The tests confirmed the doctors’ suspicions of cancer.
|ignore||(v) to refuse to show that you hear or see (something or someone)
e.g. I’ll ignore that last remark.
|technique||(n) a way of doing something by using special knowledge or skill
e.g. We learned some techniques for relieving stress.
|passport||(n) an official document issued by the government of a country that identifies someone as a citizen of that country and that is usually necessary when entering or leaving a country
|visa||(n) an official mark or stamp on a passport that allows someone to enter or leave a country usually for a particular reason
e.g. a work/student visa
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- come / home / must / you / back / .
- tomorrow / bring / the / she / must / passport / .
- careful / must / be / you / .
- miss / must / the / I / bus / not / .
- must / lazy / not / you / be / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- You must lost weight.
- They must memory this password.
- We must learn with this technique.
- You don’t must touch this button.
- She must not is late.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Dearly departed: Write your own eulogy.
- Musical: What role does music play in your life?