Repeat after the tutor.
- I must finish this.
- She must go to the seminar.
- We must understand this policy.
- They must sign this contract.
- Jonathan must confirm the list.
- I must not use this money.
- You must not enter this area.
- We must not ignore his warning.
- He must not use the same password.
- Audrey must not reveal this design.
- You must lose weight.
- He must explain this.
- I must pass this interview.
- You must come back home.
- You must sleep early.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|obey||(v) to do what someone tells you to do or what a rule, law, etc., says you must do
e.g. You must always obey your parents.
|instruction||(n) a statement that describes how to do something
e.g. The manual must provide complete/detailed instructions.
|password||(n) a secret series of numbers or letters that allows you to use a computer system
e.g. You must not tell anyone what your password is.
|policy||(n) an officially accepted set of rules or ideas about what should be done
e.g. They must vote for more liberal trade policies.
|list||(n) a series of names, words, numbers, etc., that are usually written down with each new one appearing below the previous one
e.g. The list must be 2 pages long.
|confirm||(v) to state or show that (something) is true or correct
e.g. You must confirm that you are 21 years of age.
|explain||(v) to make (something) clear or easy to understand
e.g. You must explain the instructions to me.
|technique||(n) a way of doing something by using special knowledge or skill
e.g. We must learn some techniques for relieving stress.
|eulogy||(n) a speech that praises someone who has died
e.g. He must write a eulogy for his father.
|visa||(n) an official mark or stamp on a passport that allows someone to enter or leave a country usually for a particular reason
e.g. You must get a work or student visa before June.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- come / home / must / you / back / .
- tomorrow / bring / the / she / must / passport / .
- careful / must / be / you / .
- miss / must / the / I / bus / not / .
- must / lazy / not / you / be / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- You must lost weight.
- They must memory this password.
- We must learn with this technique.
- You don’t must touch this button.
- She must not is late.
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you think you must obey the law?
- Do you think you must listen to instructions?
- What rules do you think you must listen to? (use “must”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Dearly departed: Write your own eulogy.
- Musical: What role does music play in your life?