Repeat after the tutor.
- I have to take these pills.
- She has to leave tonight.
- We have to break their record.
- I had to delete the file.
- They had to fire three employees.
- You will have to buy a new battery.
- He will have to find a job.
- Do I have to report this problem?
- Does he have to wear the uniform?
- Do we have to choose only one person?
- I have to do this.
- I have to do my homework.
- You have to do this.
- She has to finish this today.
- He has to go home.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|pick up||(phrasal verb) to go somewhere in order to get and bring back (someone or something)
e.g. I have to pick up my kids at school.
|break even||(phrasal verb) to take in as much money as you spend : to operate without either a loss or a profit
e.g. After years of losing money, the company has to start breaking even to make a profit soon.
|slice||(n) a thin piece of food that is cut from something larger
e.g. Do you have to eat more than one slice of cake?
|say||(v) to use your voice to express (something) with words
e.g. You have to say what you want to eat.
|ode||(n) a poem in which a person expresses a strong feeling of love or respect for someone or something
e.g. You have to write an ode to your mother.
|fond of||(phrasal verb) feeling or showing love or friendship
e.g. Do you have to be so fond of the dog?
|destroy||(v) to cause (something) to end or no longer exist : to cause the destruction of (something)
e.g. Does he have to destroy my sand castle?
|memorial||(n) something (such as a monument or ceremony) that honors a person who has died or serves as a reminder of an event in which many people died
e.g. We have to visit the memorial today.
|recall||(v) to remember (something) from the past
e.g. She has to recall to the police what happened at the accident.
|break out||(phrasal verb) to begin happening suddenly
e.g. I had to help when the fire broke out in the kitchen.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- this / do / I / to / have / .
- it / to / had / I / do / .
- they / early / up / to / wake / had / .
- have / I / this / do / to / do / ?
- to / he / there / have / does / go / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She have to finish this today.
- He had to left China.
- I had to go back Korea.
- Do I have saving this file?
- Do she have to take this test?
- Answer the following questions.
- Are there things that you have to do everyday? (use “have to”)
- Are there things you wish you didn’t have to do? (use “didn’t have to”)
- What are 3 things that you have done that made you happy?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Sliced bread: Most of us have heard the saying, “That’s the best thing since sliced bread!” What do you think is actually the best thing since sliced bread?
- Ode to a playground: A place from your past or childhood, one that you’re fond of, is destroyed. Write it a memorial.