Repeat after the tutor.
- You can drink this water.
- She can pay later.
- They can stay with us.
- Your brother can sleep in my room.
- You can’t touch this copy machine.
- She can’t wear Chloe’s dress.
- Oliver can’t call my friend.
- Ally can’t cheat on the test.
- Can I use your eraser?
- Can I call you Mike?
- You can use my phone.
- You can drive my car.
- You can call me anytime.
- You can ask me anything.
- You can have this.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|cheat||(v) to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something
e.g. You can’t cheat on the test.
|crowd||(n) a large group of people who are together in one place
e.g. I can’t move through this huge crowd.
|scurry||(v) a large group of people who are together in one place
e.g. You can scurry over there.
|peace||(n) a state in which there is no war or fighting : a quiet and calm state
e.g. She can’t find any peace during this chaos.
|karma||(n) the force created by a person’s actions that some people believe causes good or bad things to happen to that person
e.g. Can I create good karma?
|chameleon||(n) a type of lizard that can change the color of its skin to look like the colors that are around it
e.g. Can I hold the chameleon?
|reincarnation||(n) the idea or belief that people are born again with a different body after death
e.g. She can’t understand why he believes in reincarnation.
|burn out||(phrasal verb) to become or cause (someone) to become very physically and emotionally tired after doing a difficult job for a long time
e.g. Teaching can be very stressful, and many teachers eventually burn out.
|deed||(n) something that is done : an act or action
e.g. Can you help me with this deed?
|fate||(n) a power that is believed to control what happens in the future
e.g. Their fate will be good if they can study a lot for this test.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- anything / me / ask / can / you / .
- this / can / you / have / .
- can’t / dog / you / this / touch / .
- sample / can’t / you / this / take / .
- here / I / can / sit / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- You can call to me anytime.
- They can come my party.
- Anna can visit her boss yesterday.
- You can’t lied to your parents.
- Can she eats with us?
- Answer the following questions.
- Can you drive a car?
- Do you think you can cheat on a test?
- How can you find peace during stressful times? (use “I can”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- INTJ: Do parties and crowds fill you with energy, or send you
scurrying for peace and quiet?
- Karma chameleon: Reincarnation: do you believe in it?