insert image here (ratio 2:1 if possible)
Repeat after the tutor.
- I must have made a mistake.
- He must have farted in the elevator.
- She must have come back late.
- We must have been tired.
- I must have been confused.
- You must have been late.
- They must not have washed my car.
- He must not have worked yesterday.
- She must not have read my message.
- Tara must not have been sick yesterday.
- I must have forgotten.
- He must have liked you.
- She must have stolen my phone.
- You must have loved your ex-boyfriend.
- They must have lied to you.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|embarrass||(v) to make (someone) feel confused and foolish in front of other people
e.g. Unexpected laughter embarrassed the speaker.
|Call at||(phrasal verb) to stop at (a place) briefly
e.g. The ship called at the port.
|Call down||(phrasal verb) to pray or ask God to do something to someone
e.g. He called down a blessing/curse on the king.
|Call for 1||(phrasal verb) to say or demand publicly that something is needed or should be done
e.g. The opposition has called for an investigation.
|Call for 2||(phrasal verb) to indicate that something is needed or should be done
e.g. The plan calls for three windows to be added.
|Call for 3||(phrasal verb) to require or demand (something) as necessary or proper
e.g. His rude behavior was not called for.
|Call for 4||(phrasal verb) to go to a place to get (someone or something)
e.g. I’ll call for you (at your house) after dinner.
|Call forth||(phrasal verb) to bring (a memory, image, etc.) into the mind
e.g. These events call forth strong feelings.
|Call off 1||(phrasal verb) to stop doing or planning to do (something)
e.g. We had to call off our trip.
|Call off 2||(phrasal verb) to cause or tell (a person or animal) to stop attacking, chasing, etc.
e.g. The dog was barking and growling at me until its owner called it off.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- ex-boyfriend / you / loved / have / your / must / .
- it / must / here / have / I / lost / .
- saved / have / they / me / must / .
- must / crazy / I / been / have / .
- practiced / not / have / must / she / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I must have forgot.
- She must have tell Ken.
- He must have eating Ramyeon.
- She must has been pretty.
- She must not have cook this.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Shoulda, woulda, coulda: Tell us about something you know you should do . . . but don’t.
- Cupid’s arrow: It’s Valentine’s Day, so write an ode to someone or something you love. Bonus points for poetry!