Repeat after the tutor.
- This Audi is made in Germany.
- Michael Jackson is loved by everyone.
- This Prada bag was made last year.
- It was drawn by Picasso.
- She was hurt by her boyfriend.
- I am being helped by my brother.
- My car is being washed by them.
- Is this car manufactured by Volvo?
- Were you trained by Jonathan?
- Was she raised in Korea?
- I am loved.
- I am loved by everyone.
- This is made in Korea.
- This is made by my company.
- He was praised by us.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|fix||(v) to make (something) whole or able to work properly again : to repair (something)
e.g. He fixed the fence last weekend.
|draw||(v) to make (a picture, image, etc.) by making lines on a surface especially with a pencil, pen, marker, chalk, etc., but not usually with paint
e.g. The computer can draw the graph for you.
|hurt||(v) to cause pain or injury to (yourself, someone else, or a part of your body)
e.g. I hurt my back (while) carrying a heavy box up the stairs.
|wash||(v) to clean (something) with water and usually soap
e.g. wash clothes
|manufacture||(v) to make (something) usually in large amounts by using machines
e.g. a company that manufactures wool and cotton clothing
|raise||(v) to take care of and teach (a child) : to bring up or rear (a child)
e.g. They have raised their children to be well-mannered.
|praise||(v) to say or write good things about (someone or something) : to express approval of (someone or something)
e.g. He praised her cooking.
|import||(v) to bring a product into a country to be sold
e.g. a dealer who imports cars from Italy to the U.S.
|support||(v) to agree with or approve of (someone or something)
e.g. I completely support your decision to stay.
|assemble||(v) to connect or put together the parts of (something, such as a toy or machine)
e.g. The cars are assembled on an assembly line.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- everyone / loved / am / I / by / .
- by / this / company / is / made / my / .
- Canada / imported / this / was / from / ring / .
- educated / America / was / in / he / .
- assembled / is / Korea / this / in / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I be loved.
- This is made by Korea.
- I was hit from a car.
- This logo was designed in me.
- Was it drawn from Jane?
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is more important to you, appearance or personality?
- What advice would you give a new student?