Repeat after the tutor.
- This Audi is made in Germany.
- Michael Jackson is loved by everyone.
- This Prada bag was made last year.
- It was drawn by Picasso.
- She was hurt by her friend.
- I am being helped by my brother.
- My car is being washed by them.
- Is this car manufactured by Volvo?
- Were you trained by Jonathan?
- Was she raised in Korea?
- I am loved.
- I am loved by everyone.
- This is made in Korea.
- This is made by my company.
- He was praised by us.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|praise||(v) to glorify
e.g. He was praised by his family.
|logo||(n) an identifying symbol (as for use in advertising)
e.g. This logo was made by an advertising company.
|homemade||(adj) made in the home, on the premises, or by one’s own efforts
e.g. These are homemade, they were made by my friend.
|wash||(v) to clean (something) with water and usually soap
e.g. My clothes were washed by my mother.
|manufacture||(v) to make (something) usually in large amounts by using machines
e.g. This company manufactures wool and cotton clothing.
|raise||(v) to take care of and teach (a child) : to bring up or rear (a child)
e.g. Those children were raised by their parents.
|break down||(phrasal verb) to become overwhelmed by strong emotions
e.g. She had a break down and started to cry.
|import||(v) to bring a product into a country to be sold
e.g. The dealer imports cars from Italy to the U.S.
|advice||(n) an opinion or suggestion about what someone should do
e.g. He needs advice from an expert.
|everyone||(pn) every person: everybody
e.g. Pizza is loved by everyone.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- everyone / loved / am / I / by / .
- by / this / company / is / made / my / .
- Canada / imported / this / was / from / ring / .
- educated / America / was / in / he / .
- assembled / is / Korea / this / in / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I be loved.
- This is made by Korea.
- I was hit from a car.
- This logo was designed in me.
- Was it drawn from Jane?
- Answer the following questions.
- Have you ever received a homemade gift, who made it? (use “made by”)
- Think of the times that someone has helped you. (use “helped by”)
- Your friends and family love you. Who is everyone you are loved by? (use “loved by”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is more important to you, appearance or personality?
- What advice would you give a new student?