Repeat after the tutor.
- I might as well live in Gangnam.
- We might as well order two boxes.
- They might as well stay one more week.
- She might as well buy a necklace, too.
- He might as well invite his cousin, too.
- Judy might as well hang out with Brian.
- You might as well sleep early tonight.
- I might as well go with you.
- Bailey might as well marry her fiancee.
- We might as well finish everything by today.
- I might as well work tonight.
- You might as well leave now.
- He might as well sell his watch.
- She might as well move to America.
- They might as well work for me.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|critic||(n) a person who gives opinions about books, movies, or other forms of art
e.g. We might as well trust the critic’s opinion.
|review||(v) an act of carefully looking at or examining the quality or condition of something or someone : examination or inspection
e.g. They might as well review all their options.
|nickel||(n) a coin that is worth five cents
e.g. You might as well give me two nickels.
|catch on||(phrasal verb) to become popular
e.g. This trend is catching on, we might as well join.
|direction||(n) the course or path on which something is moving or pointing
e.g. We might as well ask for directions.
|effort||(n) work done by the mind or body : energy used to do something
e.g. We might as well do our best effort.
|efficient||(adj) capable of producing desired results without wasting materials, time, or energy
e.g. I might as well try to be efficient and use less paper.
|catch up||(phrasal verb) to learn about recent events
e.g. We might as well get coffee and catch up, we haven’t seen each other in such a long time.
|emotional||(adj) showing or expressing emotion : easily upset, excited, etc.
e.g. You might as well grab some tissues if you’re going to get emotional.
|jot down||(v) write something down
e.g. You might as well jot this down so you don’t forget it.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- she / try / as / well / might / again / .
- vegetables / might / as / I / eat / well / .
- you / as / tomorrow / well / might / come / .
- well / might / as / us / stay / she / with / .
- I / start / now / as / well / this / might / project / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I might as well working tonight.
- He might as well sold his watch.
- She might as well moves to America.
- He might as well buy a two shirts.
- He might as well start to his business.
- Answer the following questions.
- What trend is currently catching on?
- If you might as well move, where would you go?
- You might as well buy 2 of them. What would you buy?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- B+: Write about what you did last weekend as though you’re a music critic reviewing a new album.
- Buffalo nickel: Dig through your couch cushions, your purse, or the floor of your car and look at the year printed on the first coin you find. What were you doing that year?