Repeat after the tutor.
- I got my sneakers cleaned.
- She got her eyelashes extended.
- He got his tumor removed.
- Did you get this wall painted?
- Did you get your computer upgraded?
- Did she get her skin treated?
- I didn’t get my Pepsi refilled.
- I want to get my car waxed.
- Don’t get your face massaged.
- Let’s get this classroom cleaned up.
- I got my phone fixed.
- I got my car washed.
- I got my essay checked.
- I got this box moved.
- I got my house sold.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|sneaker||(n) a shoe with a rubber sole that is designed for people to wear while running, playing sports, etc.
e.g. He got his sneakers fixed.
|eyelash||(n) any one of the hairs that grow along the top of the eyelid
e.g. I got my eyelashes waxed.
|tumor||(n) a mass of tissue found in or on the body that is made up of abnormal cells
e.g Did you get the tumor in your leg checked by a doctor?
|dye||(v) to change the color of (something, such as hair or cloth) by using a dye
e.g. She got her hair dyed brown.
|inspect||(v) to look at (something) carefully in order to learn more about it, to find problems, etc.
e.g. They got their bags inspected at the airport.
|renew||(v) to make (something) new, fresh, or strong again
e.g. Did you get your passports renewed before the trip?
|publish||(v) to prepare and produce (a book, magazine, etc.) for sale
e.g. She got her new book published by an agency.
|cater to||(phrasal verb) to provide what is wanted or needed by (someone or something)
e.g. The workers got to cater to the needs of the hotels guests.
|cave in||(phrasal verb) to fall down or inward
e.g. We got to keep the walls from caving in.
|polish||(v) to make (something) smooth and shiny by rubbing it
e.g. You got to polish the silver.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- essay / got / I / checked / my / .
- phone / charged / got / her / she / .
- got / they / logo / their / designed / .
- leg / Sophia / checked / her / got / .
- passport / did / your / renewed / get / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I got my phone fix.
- I got this box to move.
- I got my hair cutted here.
- We got our house painted next week.
- Did you got your eyes checked?
- Answer the following questions.
- You have to get your hair dyed, what color do you choose?
- If you got a book published, what would the book be about?
- How many pairs of sneakers do you own?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Happily ever after: “And they lived happily ever after.” Think about this line for a few minutes. Are you living happily ever after? If not, what will it take for you to get there?
- First light: Remember yesterday, when you wrote down the first thought you had this morning? Great. Now write a post about it.