Repeat after the tutor.
- The more you cry, the sadder you will get.
- The faster you walk, the more fat you will burn.
- The more you call her, the angrier she will get.
- The less you sleep, the more tired you will get.
- The more money you spend, the poorer you will get.
- The harder you study, the better grade you can get.
- The more I slept, the more late I got.
- The more food she ate, the sicker she got.
- The deeper I studied, the more confused I was.
- The faster I moved, the more pain I felt.
- The more you laugh, the happier you will get.
- The more you run, the more tired you will get.
- The harder you exercise, the stronger you will get.
- The deeper you study, the smarter you will get.
- The less you eat, the hungrier you will get.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|forest||(n) a thick growth of trees and bushes that covers a large area
e.g. The farther you walk, the deeper into the forest you’ll get.
|calm||(adj) not angry, upset, excited, etc.
e.g. The more you relax, the calmer you will be.
|angry||(adj) filled with anger : having a strong feeling of being upset or annoyed
e.g. The angrier you are, the more you will fight.
|chat up||(phrasal verb) to talk informally with (someone)
e.g. The more social you are, the more people you will chat up.
|anxious||(adj) afraid or nervous especially about what may happen : feeling anxiety
e.g. The less relaxed you are, the more anxious you are.
|check in||(phrasal verb) to report to someone when you arrive at a place (such as an airport or convention) to let them know you are there
e.g. The more luggage you pack, the longer it will take to check in at the airport.
|dizzy||(adj) afraid or nervous especially about what may happen : feeling anxiety
e.g. The longer I spin in circles, the dizzier I get.
|sticky||(adj) having a substance (such as glue or honey) on it that things easily attach to : covered in a substance that things stick to
e.g. The more jam you put on your toast, the stickier it will get.
|concentrate||(v) to think about something : to give your attention to the thing you are doing, reading, etc.
e.g. The less distractions you have, the easier it will be to concentrate.
|shocked||(adj) very confused, upset, or exhausted because of something that has happened
e.g. The longer I watched the documentary, the more shocked I was.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / the harder / exercise/ , / will / the stronger / get / you / .
- study / the deeper / you / , / get / you / the smarter / will / .
- like/ the more / I / her / , / me / the less / she / liked / .
- jump/ the higher / you / , can/ you / the taller / get / .
- he / the more / people / met / , got / the more / he / popular / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- The more you laugh, the happy you will get.
- The more I eat, the fatter I got.
- The more I cried, the more sad I got.
- The more friends you have, the happier you could get.
- The faster he drove, the more gas he wastes.
- Answer the following questions.
- Have you ever been dizzy? What were you doing?
- If you get really angry, what happens?
- What do you do to feel calm?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Back to the future: A service has been invented through which you can send messages to people in the future. To whom would you send something, and what would you write?
- Places: Beach, mountain, forest, or somewhere else entirely?