Repeat after the tutor.
- I am supposed to pay her $5,000.
- She is supposed to finish her report today.
- Men are supposed to protect women.
- We are not supposed to enter this area.
- He is not supposed to read this company email.
- You are not supposed to be in this cafe.
- I was supposed to give this key to Helena.
- They were not supposed to arrive until noon.
- I was not supposed to delete the important file.
- We were not supposed to cheat on the test.
- I am supposed to work today.
- I am supposed to help my parents tomorrow.
- I am supposed to go to Busan next week.
- I am supposed to visit my boss at 3.
- I am not supposed to send this box to her.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|cafe||(n) a small restaurant where you can get simple meals and drinks
e.g. I am supposed to meet her at the cafe in 10 minutes.
|button||(n) a small part of a machine that you push to make the machine work
e.g. We are supposed to press these buttons.
|proof||(n) something which shows that something else is true or correct
e.g. The police was supposed to find proof of the accident.
|dare||(v) to have enough courage or confidence to do something : to not be too afraid to do something
e.g. I was not supposed to dare him to jump off that cliff.
|climb||(v) to move or go up (something) using your feet and often your hands
e.g. He is supposed to climb up to the top of that mountain.
|challenge||(v) to say or show that (something) may not be true, correct, or legal : to test the ability, skill, or strength of (someone or something)
e.g. I was supposed to challenge him to a game.
|cheer up||(phrasal verb) to become happier or to make (someone) happier
e.g. He was supposed to help her cheer up since she is sad.
|stunt||(n) to test the ability, skill, or strength of (someone or something)
e.g. He was not supposed to attempt that stunt.
|blind||(adj) unable to see
e.g. She was supposed to assist her friend because she is blind.
|area||(n) a part or section within a larger place
e.g. We were not supposed to be in the area.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- work / am / supposed / today / to / I / .
- is / to / supposed / she / at / 12 / arrive / .
- to / dress / was / supposed / I / wear / a / .
- visit / were / month / they / to / Korea / supposed / last / .
- he / to / is / here / stand / supposed / not / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am supposed helping my parents tomorrow.
- I am supposed to send this box her.
- We were supposed to work at Seoul today.
- I was not supposed to wore a mini skirt here.
- You didn’t supposed to cancel the meeting.
- Answer the following questions.
- Have you ever been challenged to something? What was it?
- What do you do when you want to cheer up?
- Have you ever climbed a tree?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- No, thanks: Is there a place in the world you never want to visit? Where, and why not?
- Twenty-five: There are 26 letters in the English language, and we need every single one of them. Want proof? Choose a letter and write a blog post without using it. (Feeling really brave? Make it a vowel!)