Repeat after the tutor.
- I should’ve kissed Juliana.
- You should’ve come to the concert.
- We should’ve left early.
- He should’ve notified his boss.
- She should’ve bought the pink scarf.
- I shouldn’t have said anything.
- You shouldn’t have driven my Ferrari.
- He shouldn’t have read her message.
- She shouldn’t have gone home late.
- They shouldn’t have fired Nathan.
- You should’ve worked today.
- I should’ve called the police.
- We should’ve locked the door.
- He should’ve washed his hands.
- She should’ve quit her job.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|rescue||(v) to save (someone or something) from danger or harm
e.g. The survivors were rescued by the Coast Guard.
|oversleep||(v) to sleep past the time when you planned to get up
e.g. Be sure to set your alarm clock so that you don’t oversleep.
|notify||(v) to tell (someone) officially about something
e.g. Customers were notified of the changes in the company.
|dump||(v) to end a romantic relationship with (someone)
e.g. My girlfriend dumped me.
|dump on 1||(phrasal verb) to criticize (someone) severely
e.g. I’m tired of getting dumped on every time I make a little mistake.
|dump on 2||(phrasal verb) to give (something) to (someone else) to do, deal with, or think about because you do not want to
e.g. She dumped her chores on her little brother.
|Cock up||(phrasal verb) to make a mistake : to do something incorrectly
e.g. Someone had cocked up [=screwed up, messed up] badly, and the party was a disaster.
|Color in||(phrasal verb) to add color to (a shape or picture) by using markers, crayons, colored pencils etc.
e.g. She colored in the picture.
|show your true colors||(idiom) to show what you are really like : to reveal your real nature or character
e.g. He seemed nice at first, but he showed his true colors during the crisis.
|colors||(plural) something (such as a flag) that shows that someone or something belongs to a specific group
e.g. The ship sails under Swedish colors.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / today / worked / should’ve / .
- should’ve / hands / washed / his / he / .
- Florida / should’ve / they / to / moved / .
- have / we / money / invested / our / shouldn’t / .
- have / shouldn’t / her / Jeremy / dumped / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I should called the police.
- We should’ve been locked the door.
- He should has started his business.
- They should’ve not sold their store.
- You shouldn’t have sang this song.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Silver screen: Take a quote from your favorite movie — there’s the title of your post. Now, write!
- 180 degrees: Tell us about a time you did a 180 — changed your views on something, reversed a decision, or acted in a way you ordinarily don’t.