Repeat after the tutor.
- He is as fast as a tiger.
- She is as funny as the comedian.
- My wife is as wise as your wife.
- I am not as cool as your brother.
- You are not as selfish as my girlfriend.
- We are not as rich as Mark.
- Are you as gentle as my wife?
- Is he as handsome as me?
- Is this building as tall as your building?
- Is this movie as scary as the novel?
- I am as smart as you.
- I am as tall as him.
- She is as cool as me.
- They are as pretty as me.
- You are as cute as your sister.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|celebrity||(n) a person who is famous
e.g. There were many celebrities at the party.
|brave||(ad) feeling or showing no fear : not afraid
e.g. He lost his brave fight against the disease.
|feather||(n) any one of the light growths that make up the outer covering of the body of a bird
e.g. duck feathers
|Back to back||(phrasal verb) with backs opposite or against each other
e.g. The soldiers stood back to back.
|Back to front||(phrasal verb) with the back where the front should be
e.g. He accidentally put the sweater on back to front.
|Behind someone’s back||(phrasal verb) without someone’s knowledge : in secret
e.g. You shouldn’t gossip about people behind their back
|Break the back of||(phrasal verb) to get control of (something you are trying to stop or defeat) : to greatly weaken or subdue (something)
e.g. He says the government’s new policies will break the back of inflation.
|Get your back up||(phrasal verb) to become angry or annoyed and want to fight or argue
e.g. He gets his back up and becomes defensive whenever someone questions his work.
|Back away||(phrasal verb) To move backwards, in fear or dislike
e.g. When he saw the bear, he backed away in fright.
|Back down||(phrasal verb) To withdraw, concede defeat
e.g. Local authorities backed down on their threats to build on that part of the beach.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- as / she / cool / is / me / as / .
- fast / car / is / as / this / yours / as /.
- 1,2,3 / English / as / as / easy / is / .
- you / as / your / as / brother / positive / are / ?
- is / as / Florida / Busan / hot / as / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am the smart as you.
- I am as tall as he.
- My shoes are as expensive as you.
- You are as beauty as your mother.
- Is this cell phone as smaller as yours?
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe, in detail ,a team sport that interest you.
- Write a paragraph convincing your best friend to try your favorite brand of junk food.