Repeat after the tutor.
- He is as fast as a tiger.
- She is as funny as the comedian.
- My wife is as wise as your wife.
- I am not as cool as your brother.
- You are not as selfish as my friend.
- We are not as rich as Mark.
- Is your cat as gentle as my cat?
- Is he as handsome as me?
- Is this building as tall as your building?
- Is this movie as scary as the novel?
- I am as smart as you.
- I am as tall as him.
- She is as cool as me.
- They are as pretty as me.
- You are as cute as your sister.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|celebrity||(n) a person who is famous
e.g. That celebrity is not as popular as most.
|brave||(adj) feeling or showing no fear : not afraid
e.g. You looked as brave as a superhero.
|feather||(n) any one of the light growths that make up the outer covering of the body of a bird
e.g. The feathers on this bird are as soft as a blanket.
|back to back||(idiom) with backs opposite or against each other
e.g. We need to stand back to back.
|gentle||(adj) having or showing a kind and quiet nature : not harsh or violent
e.g. The dog is as gentle as a cat.
|behind someone’s back||(phrasal verb) without someone’s knowledge : in secret
e.g. You shouldn’t gossip about people behind their back.
|junk food||(n) food that is not good for your health because it contains high amounts of fat or sugar
e.g. eating too many junk foods
|sport||(n) a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other
e.g. Is that sport as fun as baseball?
|painting||(n) a picture that is painted : a picture made by putting paint on a canvas, board, etc.
e.g. The painting is not as beautiful as the original.
|convince||(v) to cause (someone) to believe that something is true
e.g. He convinced me that the story was true.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- as / she / cool / is / me / as / .
- fast / car / is / as / this / yours / as /.
- 1,2,3 / English / as / as / easy / is / .
- you / as / your / as / brother / positive / are / ?
- is / as / Florida / Busan / hot / as / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am the smart as you.
- I am as tall as he.
- My shoes are as expensive as you.
- You are as beauty as your mother.
- Is this cell phone as smaller as yours?
- Answer the following questions.
- Is playing sports as fun as reading a book?
- Is drinking tea as delicious as coffee?
- Are you as funny as your friends?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe, in detail, a team sport that interest you.
- Write a paragraph convincing your best friend to try your favorite brand of junk food.