Repeat after the tutor.
- I am happy enough.
- She was lovely enough.
- We are not full enough.
- He is not funny enough.
- I am smart enough to master English.
- She was skinny enough to become a model.
- You are not strong enough to lift this box.
- Are you confident enough?
- Is your car fast enough?
- Are you mature enough to understand me?
- I am smart enough.
- I am fast enough.
- You are cute enough.
- She is old enough.
- This laptop is light enough.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|lift||(v) to move (something or someone) to a higher position
e.g. lift a bucket of water
|confident||(ad) having a feeling or belief that you can do something well or succeed at something
e.g. a confident young businesswoman
|mature||(ad) having or showing the mental and emotional qualities of an adult
e.g. She’s very mature for her age.
|creative||(ad) having or showing an ability to make new things or think of new ideas
e.g. She’s a very creative person.
|Bang||(v) to cause or allow (something, such as part of your body) to hit something in a way that makes a loud noise
e.g. He accidentally banged his knee against the door.
|Bang away||(phrasal verb) to work hard at something
e.g. We have to keep banging away if we want to finish on time.
|Bang on about||(phrasal verb) to talk about (something) repeatedly or for a long time
e.g. She’s always banging on about the importance of a good diet.
|Bang out||(phrasal verb) to produce (something) quickly
e.g. He banged out the speech in just a few hours.
|Bang up||(phrasal verb) to injure or damage (something or someone)
e.g. He banged up the car.
|Bang on||(phrasal verb) exactly right
e.g. His explanation was bang on.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- enough / this / is / light / laptop / .
- he / is / model / a / enough / to / tall / be / .
- he / not / to / this / is / enough / move / strong / box / .
- are / enough / confident / you / ?
- buy / rich / is / enough / this / she / to / building / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am the fast enough.
- I am old enough drink.
- This soup is hot enough eating.
- He does not happy enough.
- Are you cool enough to forgive me?
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Most of us have to make many difficult choices throughout our lives. Describe a tie when you had to make a tough decision.
- What’s the 11th item on your bucket list?