Repeat after the tutor.
- Am I lazy?
- Is he nervous?
- Is she sick today?
- Is Ryan your cousin?
- Is Thomas a good teacher?
- Are you happy?
- Are you busy now?
- Are you a soldier?
- Are they your friends?
- Aren’t you tired?
- Are they your nephews?
- Was she sad?
- Was this bag expensive?
- Were they your sisters?
- Isn’t my phone?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|tall||(adj) of great or more than average height, especially (with reference to an object) relative to width
e.g. isn’t that man tall?
|short||(adj) measuring a small distance or size
e.g. is there a short distance left in this journey?
|mad||(adj) very angry, upset
e.g. are you feeling mad?
|tired||(adj) in need of sleep or rest; weary
e.g. are you getting tired yet?
|cousin||(n) a child of one’s aunt or uncle
e.g. are they cousins?
|soldier||(n) a person who serves in an army
e.g. are they soldiers in the army?
|baker||(n) a person who makes bread and cakes
e.g. are there any good bakers in this town?
|lazy||(adj) unwilling to work or use energy.
e.g. were they feeling lazy that night?
|nervous||(adj) easily agitated or alarmed; tending to be anxious
e.g. is she always going to feel nervous about this test?
|nephew||(n) a son of one’s brother or sister
e.g. have you gotten your nephew‘s christmas present yet?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- now / happy / you / are
- you / to / a /she / friend / is / a
- out / tonight / are / going / they
- the / is / truth / that
- she / isn’t / short
- Correct the following sentences.
- Are you sure that you isn’t lazy?
- Isn’t she the most beautiful people?
- Is she responsible enough from this task?
- Are there enough drink for everyone here?
- Is that here cousin? Or is that her aunt?
- Answer the following questions.
- Are there any family members that you miss right now?
- Is there a type of food that you prefer? Which country is it from?
- Is there a season you prefer? Which season is it?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Are you feeling happy today? Write a paragraph about it.