Repeat after the tutor.
- Do you exercise?
- Do you wear glasses?
- Do you enjoy music?
- Do they teach English?
- Do they help you?
- Does it move?
- Does he have a job?
- Did you cry?
- Did Alice give up?
- Did they forget your birthday?
- Don’t you like this style?
- Don’t you read books?
- Don’t they work here?
- Doesn’t he work with you?
- Didn’t she call you?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|exercise||(v) activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness.
e.g. Do you exercise to stay healthy?
|enjoy||(v) take delight or pleasure in (an activity or occasion).
e.g. Do you enjoy going to the beach?
|wear||(v) have on one’s body or a part of one’s body as clothing, decoration, protection, or for some other purpose.
e.g. Do you have nice clothes to wear tonight?
|give up||(phrasal verb) cease making an effort; resign oneself to failure.
e.g. Do you think we should give up on this task?
|forget||(v)inadvertently neglect to do, bring, or mention something
e.g. Does it bother you that you forget your keys all the time?
|watch||(v)look at or observe attentively, typically over a period of time.
e.g. Do you think that she’s watching us?
|consider||(v)think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision.
e.g. Did you consider the fact that he may be lying to you?
|pass||(v) an act or instance of moving past or through something
e.g. Does it make sense to pass by the city and avoid traffic?
|explain||(v) make (an idea, situation, or problem) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts or ideas
e.g. Do you think you can explain this problem to me?
|catch a cold||(v) become infected with a cold virus
e.g. Do you think that you’ll catch a cold?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- sick / today / in / call / they / did
- does this really have to happen
- it / they / do / deserve
- a / did / teach / they / lesson / you
- election / win/ did / he / the
- Correct the following sentences.
- Did you explain the question good?
- Did you considers the alternative?
- Does this course require a pass grade?
- Did you forget to wear a scarve?
- Do you felt happy right now?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you enjoy eating vegetables? Why or why not?
- Does there have to be trust in a relationship?
- Do you think dogs are cute?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you enjoy learning English? Write a paragraph about your experiences.
- Share your thoughts on learning a new language. Do you think English is more difficult then others to learn?