Repeat after the tutor.
- Are you reading a book?
- Are you helping your mom?
- Are you eating something?
- Is she working?
- Is she crying now?
- Is she sleeping now?
- Is she dancing now?
- Are they teaching English?
- Was he studying with you?
- Were you dreaming?
- Were you walking?
- Were you using this?
- Aren’t you driving?
- Aren’t you wearing a sweater?
- Weren’t they watching a movie?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|act||(v) take action; do something
e.g. Is she acting strange tonight?
|arm||(n) each of the two upper limbs of the human body from the shoulder to the hand
e.g. Is he okay after he broke his arm?
|ball||(n)a sphere that is kicked, thrown, or hit in a game
e.g. Are they buying the ball for our game?
|believe||(v) accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of
e.g. Is that something you believe in?
|face||(n)the front part of a person’s head from the forehead to the chin
e.g. Is he getting treatment for the acne on his face?
|gas||(n) an airlike fluid substance which expands freely to fill any space available, irrespective of its quantity.
e.g. Is that smell a result of gas?
|hand||(n) the end part of a person’s arm beyond the wrist, including the palm, fingers, and thumb
e.g. Is she willing to give me her hand in marriage?
|happen||(v) to take place; occur
e.g. Is that concert really going to happen?
|insult||(v) speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
e.g. Are you going to make him pay for that insult?
|jail||(n) a place for the confinement of people accused or convicted of a crime
e.g. Are you ready to go to jail punk?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- zoo / are / we / tomorrow / to / going / the
- getting / are / we / jail / soon / out / of
- she / arrive / to / us / is / waiting / for
- year / are /elephants / migrate / going / to / this
- eating / food / his / is / monkey / the
- Correct the following sentences.
- Are we gone out tonight?
- Are there questions that we should be ask?
- Is he sleep yet?
- Is you’re baby walking?
- Are your fleeing the police?
- Answer the following questions.
- Are you feeling well today?
- Is there something you wish you could be doing right now?
- Is there something you wish you could be eating right now?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Is there anything you strongly believe in? Write a paragraph about it.
- Write a conversation between two people asking questions of each other.