Repeat after the tutor.
- Where are they eating?
- Where are you studying with them?
- Where is he exercising?
- Where is he taking the test?
- Where is she going to live?
- Where do you live?
- Where do you usually study?
- Where does she perform?
- Where did you see her?
- Where did you learn English?
- Where did you go last night?
- Where did you hang out yesterday?
- Where did he fight?
- Where can I find you?
- Where can we buy this sofa?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|addition||(n) the action or process of adding something to something else
e.g. Where was the extra person, who was an addition to our group?
|admit||(v) confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance.
e.g. Where did you admit to the crime?
|aid||(n) help, typically of a practical nature.
e.g. Where did you send the food and aid for the natural disaster?
|behind||(preposition) at or to the far side of (something), typically so as to be hidden by it.
e.g. Where can you see him? He’s hiding behind something
|bell||(n) a hollow metallic device that is shaped somewhat like a cup and makes a ringing sound when struck.
e.g. Where are the bells ringing from the church?
|cake||(v) an item of soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated.
e.g. Where did you get the ingredients for this delicious cake?
|canvas||(noun) a strong, coarse unbleached cloth made from hemp, flax, cotton, or a similar yarn, used to make items such as sails and tents and as a surface for oil painting
e.g. Where did you get the inspiration for this painting on canvas?
|chalk||(n) a soft, white limestone rock used for writing on blackboards
e.g. Where did my chalk drawing go? Was it erased off the blackboard?
|dance||(v) move rhythmically to music, typically following a set sequence of steps.
e.g. Where did you learn how to dance like that?
|deep||(adj) extending far down from the top or surface.
e.g. Where was the shark able to dive so deep into the ocean?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- going / is / to / she / where / work ?
- get / where / they / married / to / are/ going ?
- in / winter / the / travel / where / birds / do ?
- born / where / you / were ?
- was / fought / where / the / war ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- Where are we going too celebrate her birthday?
- Where does the queen of england live?
- Where did you gone to school as a child?
- Where did you’re father go after hockey practice?
- Where was I when the excitement happening?
- Answer the following questions.
- Where were you born?
- Where was your first vacation?
- Where was your first job?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Write a paragraph about a time you went to a theme park or zoo. Where was it? Where did you travel from to get there?
- Job interview: imagine you were interviewing someone for a job. Think of three ‘where’ questions you would want to ask them. Write them down and test out these questions with a friend!