Repeat after the tutor.
- How are you going to tell him?
- How is she going to solve this puzzle?
- How do you do that?
- How do you wake up early?
- How do you make money?
- How does she go to work?
- How did you fix this?
- How did you know that?
- How did you lose weight?
- How did he pass the interview?
- How did it happen?
- How can I forget my birthday?
- How can I solve this problem?
- How can you lie to me?
- How can you laugh at me?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|acorn||(n) the fruit of the oak, a smooth oval nut in a rough cuplike base.
e.g. How do acorns fall from the trees in autumn?
|body||(n) the physical structure of a person or an animal, including the bones, flesh, and organs.
e.g. How did they find the body at the crime scene?
|ground||(n) the solid surface of the earth.
e.g. How hard did you hit the ground when you fell?
|leak||(v) an unintended hole, crack, or the like, through which liquid, gas, light, etc., enters or escapes
e.g. How did we get a leak in our boat?
|mountain||(n) a large landform that stretches above the surrounding land in a limited area, usually in the form of a peak
e.g. How long did you train to climb the mountain?
|plow||(v) an implement used to cut, lift, and turn over soil especially in preparing a seedbed
e.g. How do you know when it’s time to plow the field?
|red||(adj) of a color at the end of the spectrum next to orange and opposite violet, as of blood, fire, or rubies.
e.g. How did you know that red was my favourite color?
|river||(n) a large natural stream of water flowing in a channel to the sea, a lake, or another such stream.
e.g. How far does the river run before it reaches the ocean?
|sea||(n) the expanse of salt water that covers most of the earth’s surface
e.g. How deep is the sea?
|sheep||(n) a farm animal with thick wool that eats grass and is kept for its wool, skin, and meat
e.g. How does your dog help you to herd the sheep?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- to / ten / do / you / count / how
- feeling / are / today / how / you
- that / how / test / feel / you / did / about
- was / night / how / date / your/ last
- your/ meeting /go / how / did
- Correct the following sentences.
- How many stars are their?
- How much longer is these trip?
- How did you brake into the store?
- How were the concert?
- How many more times do I have to tell your?
- Answer the following questions.
- How did you find out about this course?
- How many times have you been to a concert?
- How many photographs do you have hanging up in your house?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How many languages can you speak? Write a paragraph about your experiences learning them?
- Imagine you are a reporter talking to a politician. What kind of ‘how’ questions would you want to ask them? Write down three of them to practice.