Repeat after the tutor.
- What time is it now?
- What story are you reading?
- What show are you watching now?
- What time are you going to stop by?
- What time are you going to go home?
- What year were you born?
- What size do you want?
- What days do you go to school?
- What theme did you want?
- What year did you graduate?
- What name did she choose?
- What number did he press?
- What time did they leave?
- What flavor can I choose?
- What countries did you visit last year?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|able||(adj) having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something
e.g. What makes her able to get the job done?
|abort||(v) bring to a premature end because of a problem or fault.
e.g. What made him abort that meeting right in the middle of a discussion?
|above||(adverb) at a higher level or layer.
e.g. What happened above the city last night? Was that a UFO?
|accept||(v) consent to receive (a thing offered).
e.g. What gift did you accept from him?
|accident||(n) an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
e.g. What was the cause of the car accident?
|ache||(n) a continuous or prolonged dull pain in a part of one’s body.
e.g. What was the medication the doctor recommended for the ache?
|across||(preposition) from one side to the other of (something).
e.g. What is across the ocean?
|adapt||(v) make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.
e.g. What things should you know to adapt to a new country?
|adopt||(v) legally take another’s child and bring it up as one’s own
e.g. What paperwork do you have to fill out to adopt a child?
|adore||(v) love and respect (someone) deeply.
e.g. What are the reasons you adore your partner?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- a / zebra / what / is / colour
- you / what / leaving / time / are
- leaving / what / do / reason / have / you
- the / what / dance / did / wear / to / you
- last / party / what / at / happened / the / night
- Correct the following sentences.
- What method should you follow four the experiment?
- What did you do when you discovered you where adopted?
- What flavor ice cream should we chose?
- What was the book you wanted too read?
- What song did your listen to?
- Answer the following questions.
- What is your favourite thing to do after work?
- What is the best flavor of ice cream?
- What do you think is the best way to spend a day off?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if you won 1 million dollars overnight? Write a paragraph about it.
- Interview time: At the end of an interview, employers frequently ask if you have any questions to ask them. What are three questions you would ask at the end of an interview?