Repeat after the tutor.
- How tall are you?
- How sensitive are you?
- How popular were you?
- How lazy was he?
- How good is this ice cream?
- How cheap is this shirt?
- How heavy is this box?
- How fun was the movie?
- How hot was the soup?
- How slow was the turtle?
- How cold was the water?
- How easy was the test?
- How soft was the silk?
- How nervous were you?
- How strict were your parents?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|illegal||(adj)not according to or authorized by law : unlawful, illicit
e.g. How illegal is it to rob a store?
|individual||(adj) a single person
e.g. How independent is that individual?
|join||(v) to link; connect.
e.g. How well did the pieces join together?
|jury||(n) a body of people (typically twelve in number) sworn to give a verdict in a legal case on the basis of evidence submitted to them in court.
e.g. How reliable is the jury in this court case?
|knife||(n) an instrument composed of a blade fixed into a handle, used for cutting or as a weapon.
e.g. How sharp is the blade of the knife?
|knowledge||(n) facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education
e.g. How accurate is the knowledge you’ve gathered?
|legal||(adj) of, based on, or concerned with the law.
e.g. How fair is the legal system?l
|etter||(n) a written, typed, or printed communication, especially one sent in an envelope by mail or messenger.
e.g. How grammatically correct was the letter?
|limit||(n) a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass.
e.g. How far away is the limit of the city?
|little||(adj) small in size, amount, or degree
e.g. How little is the dog?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- are / strong / glasses / how / your
- the / honest / judge / how / was
- the / politician / how / is / intelligent
- is / college / how / applicant / smart / the
- how / food / how / tonight / hot / is
- Correct the following sentences.
- How grate was that movie?
- How cold is the weather yesterday?
- How far away are the moon?
- How fast was the car drive?
- How fog is it outside?
- Answer the following questions.
- How far do you have to travel to work or school?
- How quickly did you finish this lesson?
- How small is the room that you’re working in?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How hot or cold is it outside right now? Write a paragraph about your favourite time of year for weather.
- Practice: Think of five ‘how + adj’ questions you could ask at a store, for example ‘how expensive is this shirt?’. Write them down and practice next time you go out.