Repeat after the tutor.
- How far is she going to fly?
- How long are you going to wait?
- How long are you going to stay here?
- How early does he wake up?
- How deeply does she sleep?
- How fast did you run?
- How late did you leave?
- How hard did you throw the ball?
- How often did you visit Japan?
- How smoothly did you dance?
- How regularly did you exercise?
- How long did he wait?
- How much can you lift?
- How early can she come here?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|occupy||(v) to reside or have one’s place of business in (a building).
e.g. How quickly can we occupy the new building?
|offer||(v) present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired
e.g. How soon can you offer me the job?
|oppress||(v) keep (someone) in subservience and hardship, especially by the unjust exercise of authority.
e.g. How brutally has the government oppressed their people?
|pardon||(n) the action of forgiving or being forgiven for an error or offense
e.g. How soon can we expect to be pardoned for our crimes?
|partner||(n) either of a pair of people engaged together in the same activity
e.g. How reliable is your partner?
|passenger||(n) a traveler on a public or private conveyance other than the driver, pilot, or crew.
e.g. How regularly do the passengers fly on this airline?
|quality||(n) the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something.
e.g. How good is the quality of this suit?
|real||(adj) actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
e.g. How real is the food at a fast food restaurant?
|recover||(v) return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength.
e.g. How much longer until she recovers from her injury?
|refuse||(v) indicate or show that one is not willing to do something.
e.g. How often do I have to refuse until you listen to me?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- the / go / how / test / well / did
- your / teeth / how / do / frequently / you / floss
- well / question / answer / how / can / this / you
- you / how / money / you / make / much/ do
- make / this / how / spaghetti / can / fast / you
- Correct the following sentences.
- How nice was the weather in france?
- How good are the quality of this bakery?
- How sensible is it too refuse this offer?
- How long does it take to travel to england?
- How dense is the custard for me cake?
- Answer the following questions.
- How many DVDs do you own?
- How much does your entire outfit cost today?
- How much work do you have left to do today?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How much do you try to practice something before trying it for real? Are you a perfectionist? Do you prefer to think quickly? Write a paragraph about your habits.
- Practice: think of five ‘how many’ or ‘how much’ questions that you could ask in a grocery store. Write them down and practice the next time you go out.