Repeat after the tutor.
- Do you know if he is busy (or not) ?
- Do you know if he is having lunch (or not) ?
- Do you know if this is true (or not) ?
- Do you know if today is her birthday (or not) ?
- Do you know if they are exercising (or not) ?
- Do you know if they are hiring (or not) ?
- Do you know if they are in London (or not) ?
- Do you know if Kyle is lying (or not) ?
- Do you know if they were sick (or not) ?
- Do you know if she speaks English (or not) ?
- Do you know if she has a sister (or not) ?
- Do you know if they hire college students (or not) ?
- Do you know if he fell asleep (or not) ?
- Do you know if she passed the test (or not) ?
- Do you know if they delivered the package (or not) ?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|imagine||(v) form a mental image or concept of.
e.g. Do you know if I imagined that scenario?
|implore||(v) beg someone earnestly or desperately to do something
e.g. Do you know if she will change her mind if I implore her to?
|jellyfish||(n) a sea creature with a soft, oval, almost transparent body
e.g. Do you know if there are jellyfish in this water?
|lagoon||(n) a stretch of salt water separated from the sea by a low sandbank or coral reef.
e.g. Do you know if there are any mermaids in the lagoon?
|land||(n) the part of the earth’s surface that is not covered by water, as opposed to the sea or the air.
e.g. Do you know if this land belongs to someone else?
|mineral||(n) a valuable or useful chemical substance that is formed naturally in the ground
e.g. Do you know if this mineral is valuable?
|magic||(v) the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces
e.g. Do you know if magic is real?
|make-believe||(n) the action of pretending or imagining, typically that things are better than they really are.
e.g. Do you know if the kids are playing make-believe again?
|nut||(n) a dry fruit consisting of an edible kernel or meat enclosed in a woody or leathery shell.
e.g. Do you know if these nuts are safe to eat?
|nature||(n) Nature is all the animals, plants, and other things in the world that are not made by humans
e.g. Do you know if she wants to spend time in nature?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- the / left / plane / do / the / you / know / if / has / yet
- loves / you / me / do / know / she / if
- the / other / greener / grass / side / do / know / you / if / is / on
- him / know / trust / do / you / can / if / I
- dogs / do / you / if / likes / he / know
- Correct the following sentences.
- Do you know if she hate animals?
- Do you know if she plays make-believe with she friends?
- Do you know if they enjoys nature?
- Do you know if he have an imaginary friend?
- Do you know if there our more stars then grains of sand?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you know if a holiday is coming up? Which one is it?
- Do you know if you’re planning a vacation soon? Where are you going?
- Do you know if the chores at home have been done yet?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you know if you’ll be having a busy time at work or school next week? Write out a to-do list.
- Imagine you’re writing an email at work. What are three ‘do you know if’ questions you would in that message? Write these questions into a make-believe email.