Repeat after the tutor.
- Do you think I’m cool?
- Do you think I am happy?
- Do you think she is crying?
- Do you think you are special?
- Do you think you are too sensitive?
- Do you think they are shy?
- Do you think we are late?
- Do you think English is easy?
- Do you think she read my email?
- Do you think it’s fair?
- Do you think it’s funny?
- Do you think it’s my mistake?
- Do you think he worked yesterday?
- Do you think we can do this?
- Do you think she can pass the test?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|panda||(n) a large bearlike mammal with characteristic black and white markings, native to certain mountain forests of central and western China
e.g. Do you think we can save pandas from extinction?
|parcel||(n) a thing or collection of things wrapped in paper in order to be carried or sent by mail.
e.g. Do you think the parcel we sent arrived yet?
|quarrel||(n) an angry argument or disagreement, typically between people who are usually on good terms
e.g. Do you think we can put an end to our quarrel?
|quest||(n) a long or arduous search for something
e.g. Do you think our quest for the Holy Grail will be successful?
|quill||(n) a pen made from a bird’s feather
e.g. Do you think they still make quill pens in the modern age?
|race||(n) a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.
e.g. Do you think you can beat your sister in a race?
|rate||(v) assign a standard or value to (something) according to a particular scale.
e.g. Do you think it’s fair to rate dogs for their looks?
|rebel||(v) rise in opposition or armed resistance to an established government or ruler.
e.g. Do you think it’s sensible to rebel against the government?
|safe||(adj) protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.
e.g. Do you think we’re safe here?
|sand||(n) a substance that looks like powder, and consists of extremely small pieces of stone. Some deserts and many beaches are made up of sand
e.g. Do you think we should lie in the sand after swimming at the beach?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- am / do / interesting / think / you / I
- say / you / something / think / do / should / I
- are / dogs / do / cool / you / think
- safe / leave / you / think / do / it’s / to
- we / that / should / pet / panda / do / think / you
- Correct the following sentences.
- Do you think we should go on a quests?
- Do you think that she knows what shes doing?
- Do you think I win that game?
- Do you think my brother like me?
- Do you think you has the right answer?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you think it’s important to brush your teeth before bed?
- Do you think it’s important to exercise every day?
- Do you think that pets are a good thing to have around the house?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you think you are improving with English? Write a paragraph about the challenges and successes you’ve had so far.
- Practice: what are some ‘do you think’ questions that you might ask a teacher about your child’s performance in school. Write 3 key questions you would ask to find out if they were doing well.